Diablo® III

Issue with installer download

I'm making sure to run it in Admin Mode, right clicking and everything, it gets about half way through and then closes itself, no error message or anything. This is the second time I've tried this and its done the same thing.

I'm curious, since I preordered a CE, if I need to download this. I'm assuming all the files will be on disc to install. If I have to download the installer though, i'd love some help on fixing this issue.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
LykanLunatik,

You don't have to download the installer unless you want to get a jump on getting the game installed a little earlier so it's ready to go when the servers are brought up. Your CE box will have the game on DVD.

If you want to keep trying, I'd suggest restarting the downloader, making sure to select the same location you sued the first time so it can pick up where it left off.

The folder size should be approximately 7.6 gigs when completed and it shouldn't have any files inside with a .Part extension. Keep running the downloader until you reach that point.

The downloader is known to have issues right now primarily with poor internet connections so if you aren't on a good, wired connection, you might see if you can use one.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it another shot or two, and if all else fails, install when I get the game. I think i'll have an hour until the servers go live, if I remember correctly.

Keep up the good work!
Edited by LykanLunatik#1814 on 5/9/2012 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
LykanLunatik,

We're unlocking the installer at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14 so you'll have all day and half the night to get it installed if necessary.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5338015/Launch_Day_Preparation_Guide-5_7_2012#blog

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]