Diablo® III

Solo Inferno

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WegSTP!bUY!YYbZbZ

Active abilities:

Frenzy: Single target damage with stun. I believe the increased attack speed and stun will be key in dealing with elites and bosses depending on how their resists works. If bosses have a reduced timer then the stuns will still serve as valuable interrupts. However, if they have a reduced chance to be stunned then I may go with a different rune.

Seismic Slam: Far reaching AoE damage for the masses with knockback. Hopefully I will be able to engage enemies from far away and use the knockback to keep them at a distance until they are close to death. The longer I can keep them off me the less damage they can do. I have it runed for fury reduction to increase its spamability.

Threatening Shout: A must have for Barbarians. Reduces incoming damage and increases drops.

Furious Charge: I made a change to Furious Charge because I was having a hard time imaging how fights would go from a fury generation standpoint. I felt like I may have been able to Frenzy down left over mobs to get a good amount of fury and then rush to the next group before it started draining. That may have worked, but this just seems better. Plow through, slam... plow through, slam... I'll be able to keep my distance and still do good damage. It also gives me an escape if I happen to get surrounded.

Earthquake: 250% damage/sec. I think this will be very good at dealing with overwhelming odds as well as provide a damage boost for taking down rare/boss mobs quickly.

WotB: Strictly for dealing increased damage to rare/boss mobs.

Passive Abilities:

Nerves of Steel: A large hp pool will be needed to survive in Inferno. Using this passive will make vitality stacking increase armor as well for a double boost to survivability.

Relentless: Having a large hp pool will also provide me with a wider range for Relentless to work in. Taking 50% less damage while under 20% may be just what is needed to go from certain death to being able to maintain with life leech.

Weapons Master: Im going to keep this in for increased damage since, but I may switch it out for Tough as Nails if I decide to use a two handed weapon instead of a shield.
Edited by Collide#1274 on 5/11/2012 5:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
kinda lacking defensively. no active or passive healing mechanism (bloodthirst passive, rend, furious charge, etc) and no ignore pain.
Reply Quote
Just going off current values of armor in the game guide it should not be hard to get 4500 armor with a shield. Stacking vitality I should be able to get at least 2500, so 7000 armor total for ~70% damage reduction. Combined with the passive 30% damage reduction for barbs and -25% damage from Threatening Shout, I will only be taking ~16% damage, and only 8% damage while under 20% health not including any damage blocked by the shield. Having Seismic Slam for ranged AoE damage with knockback should ensure that I dont have to take as many hits. As for healing, I will be relying on life leech from gear which should be more than enough.

Also, I am not a fan of Ignore Pain for a solo build. My defense should be more than enough to render the skill useless most of the time. Skill slots are limited, and I dont want to have a slot taken up by something I may rarely if ever use. I do think it has a nice rune for group use though.
Edited by Collide#1274 on 5/10/2012 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I kept feeling like I was forgetting something, and I just realized what it was. I didnt factor in resistances which should be another 40% reduction. That would bring damage down to ~10% and 5% when Relentless kicks in.
Reply Quote
You need some type of healing from skills I believe. There is a reason Barb has the most life leech skills.... they don't have heals like Monk and can't avoid the damage like DH, Wiz, WD.

Mobs in Inferno have ~10x the HP of Hell mobs so you will be getting beat on for a while and won't be able to rush mobs down in 2 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pretty much a trash build.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Moirainë

Pretty much a trash comment.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 03:09 PMPosted by TheTuck

Pretty much a trash comment.

Agreed. If you don't have a constructive feedback why even bother to post something at all?
Reply Quote
Yeah, I think a passive heal or something would probably be good to have. What about the little templar dude that follows you around, how good is that guy gonna be in Inferno?

I would think about a passive to add in there.

EDIT: I like what Vdub said in his post a few up from mine. I would consider what he posted, because I think it's important to have something like that in the build.

I will personally be using something like that in mine when I get started. LL is something I liked to have in D2, and I won't be neglecting it in D3 either.
Edited by Vhyle#1953 on 5/10/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I figured that would be the problem that most people would have with this build is the lack of a healing skill since every other build has one. I however dont think it is needed. First, I will not be taking heavy damage due to my defensive nature. Second, mobs in Inferno have millions of hp. Even if they reduce leech in inferno by 90%, if I have 10% leech from gear I will still be leeching 10k hp per million damage. At this point I honestly see no reason why a healing skill will be useful, much less necessary.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

110% typical WoW player response.

I miss that game. i wish i didn't accidentally format my drive COMPLETELY forgetting about my wow folder and saved data.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock

You know, he could have been saying this would be a good "trash" build. Aka not good for bosses.

But we will really never know......
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Follower?
Reply Quote
I decided to go with Furious Charge instead of Battle Rage. I lose a bit of damage, but I think this will allow combat to flow better.

Furious Charge: I made a change to Furious Charge because I was having a hard time imaging how fights would go from a fury generation standpoint. I felt like I may have been able to Frenzy down left over mobs to get a good amount of fury and then rush to the next group before it started draining. That may have worked, but this just seems better. Plow through, slam... plow through, slam... I'll be able to keep my distance and still do good damage. It also gives me an escape if I happen to get surrounded.

I hadn't thought about what Follower I would use, but after looking through them I think the Enchantress would be a good fit. I would select Charm, Powered Armor, Erosion, and Mass Control for her skills. Crowd control, defense, and damage.
Reply Quote
You need some type of healing from skills I believe. There is a reason Barb has the most life leech skills.... they don't have heals like Monk and can't avoid the damage like DH, Wiz, WD.

Mobs in Inferno have ~10x the HP of Hell mobs so you will be getting beat on for a while and won't be able to rush mobs down in 2 seconds.

I find it hiliarous people completely ignore the fact of heal per hit, which can be an attritubute on many types of equipment not to mention if he adds some gems in his weapons also adds to life per hit.

As for some other defensive capabilities i would suggest either Leap with Armor boost or stun rune for more defensive/offensive instead of furious charge...maybe even ground stomp for an aoe 4 sec stun...aoe stun on leap is 3 sec.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]