Diablo® III

Updating System Files.

So the the Diablo 3 pre-download finished download, but when I run Diablo III Setup(.exe) I get a small window saying " Updating System Files." It never finishes, and just kinda sits there. What do?
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Nothgard
So the the Diablo 3 pre-download finished download, but when I run Diablo III Setup(.exe) I get a small window saying " Updating System Files." It never finishes, and just kinda sits there. What do?

If it is stuck there for more than several minutes, close it and open up your task manager. Find any process(es) named "agent.exe" and end it/them. Start up the setup once more to see if it lets you get to the Install button (usually it will take a few minutes on the "updating setup files" dialog screen).
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
05/09/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Tamer

If it is stuck there for more than several minutes, close it and open up your task manager. Find any process(es) named "agent.exe" and end it/them. Start up the setup once more to see if it lets you get to the Install button (usually it will take a few minutes on the "updating setup files" dialog screen).

I tried this, still stuck at updating system files :/
Reply Quote
Mine does something similar when opening the setup it says "Launching blizzard launcher" disappears and then the launcher doesn't show up pretty lame..
Reply Quote
56 Draenei Death Knight
I have the same issue. After I close the <updating system files> window, the windows shows the critical error message. I have the same issue when trying to install MOP Beta.

==============================================================================
Agent: (build 913)

Exe: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.913\Agent.exe
Time: May 10, 2012 6:43:40.546 PM
User: User
Computer: OEM-AE519791685
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #1 (0x13370001) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.913\Agent.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:7C91B21A

The instruction at "0x7C91B21A" referenced memory at "0x6E70753F".
The memory could not be written.

Crashed Thread: 0x00000eb0

Project: 19130001
Build: 913
Project Name: Agent

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply Quote
Still having same error any suggestions....
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Tamer

This helps me not.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
See if you have the Windows Secondary Logon service enabled. The game requires it and I know a lot of people disable it in hopes of making their computer more secure. It's enabled by default by Microsoft.

To check, go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and scroll down to Secondary Logon. right click it and select properties. Check it's startup status and change it to automatic or manual if it's currently set to disabled.

If it's disabled, the D3 Setup.exe will appear to do nothing when ran and the MOP installation will appear to hang on Updating Setup Files. There may be other symptoms but these are two I'm seeing the most right now.

So I've been having this particular problem for the past week and hadn't had any luck with any of the other solutions I saw before the forum wipe. I'm glad I didn't stop checking for fixes since this one was the source of my frustration. Thanks again, you deserve a drink.
Reply Quote
68 Undead Warlock
Im having the same problem.. Tried your solution, Omrakos, still stuck =/
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Painlock ,

Try deleting the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder next.

See if you have the Windows Secondary Logon service enabled. The game requires it and I know a lot of people disable it in hopes of making their computer more secure. It's enabled by default by Microsoft.

To check, go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and scroll down to Secondary Logon. right click it and select properties. Check it's startup status and change it to automatic or manual if it's currently set to disabled.

If it's disabled, the D3 Setup.exe will appear to do nothing when ran and the MOP installation will appear to hang on Updating Setup Files. There may be other symptoms but these are two I'm seeing the most right now.

Painlock ,

I tried both of these, and neither one worked.
Reply Quote
i am having the same problem as some of these people and have tryed to do what is told is previouse options what happens is the install works but when i do the update it just freezes/ stalls at about 70 to 75 precent and does not progress any further i would love a problem solver pls and ty :D
Reply Quote
68 Undead Warlock
Omrakos,

just tried that but with no success.

I'm going to give it a couple more minutes but I guess it's just no use..

Here's the last four strings in my log:

2012/05/10 20:13:55.957 - Registering client at 'C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Client' to agent.
2012/05/10 20:13:57.094 - Bootstrapper Stage: UPDATE_CLIENT
2012/05/10 20:13:57.094 - Checking patch for Client.
2012/05/10 20:13:57.830 - Downloading patch for client update.
Reply Quote
Sigh, only a few days left for release, and I can't get the game to install. Very depressing.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Abe
Sigh, only a few days left for release, and I can't get the game to install. Very depressing.

Tell me about it, I've been working on it for weeks.
Reply Quote
seems like this is going to be a big problem i never have problems installing any games this problem is just to odd and with all the things i have already tryed im not very computer savy and im sure theres alot of people out there just like me anyways ive actualy tryed everything theyve listed even some other things and nothing is changing what so ever
Reply Quote
I remember I was unable to play beta because of the bugged installer, always got stuck on updating system files.

But silly me, I figured MAYBE the installer for the COMPLETE game would be functional.

Alas, here I am once again staring at a stationary updating system files bar.
Reply Quote
Omrakos
Support Forum Agent

Well done sir the secondary login didn't help but this fixed my problem. You're a gentleman and a scholar.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Abe,

Are you sure you checked the Secondary Logon service as I described above? Your symptoms sound exactly like what having it disabled would cause.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]