Diablo® III

Updating System Files.

05/13/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Legitpwnage
Still sits at Updating setup files.
The installer will create 3 folders inside C:\ProgramData\Battle.net. First, it creates a setup folder, then agent, then client.

Open the folder above and run the installer. Check what folders get created, the one that doesn't is more than likely blocked by a security program on your computer. Did a lot of testing with zone alarm last night and it seems to hang on updating setup files when one of those is blocked.

All 3 folders are there. I don't run anything like zone alarm or security and no I don't have spyware.
Reply Quote
Secondary Logon service didn't fix the problem for my either. Would really hope this is fixed by tomorrow or I will cry srs :'[
Reply Quote
Ok after doing this repeatedly for about 8 hours it wanted to work this time.
Now have the install menu.
I think i'll leave it there till it is install time incase it happens again.
Edited by Rtarderp#6152 on 5/13/2012 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
05/13/2012 02:02 PMPosted by HyReN
didn't fix the problem for my either
What is your problem exactly?
Reply Quote
Updating setup files frozen at about 40%
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Check my last post:

The installer will create 3 folders inside C:\ProgramData\Battle.net. First, it creates a setup folder, then agent, then client.

Open the folder above and run the installer. Check what folders get created, the one that doesn't is more than likely blocked by a security program on your computer.
Reply Quote
They all get created I have Agent Client Setup
Reply Quote
This sucks.. I guess there is still Torchlight II hopefully that game will actually install.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
05/13/2012 02:41 PMPosted by HyReN
This sucks.. I guess there is still Torchlight II hopefully that game will actually install.
Good Luck? I guess?

I can only help if you're willing to try things. Otherwise, GLHF. =D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well, mine is still stuck at 95%. I'm going to leave it on until 10pm (that's 4 hours, it's 6pm right now). I originally restarted last time at about 5 pm.

I still don't know what's going on. I can get it to reach the 95% mark quite easily but then it's just stuck there (or at least I think it is). We'll see in a while.

But my one plead to blizzard - please change this technology, or remove it. Keep your patches and installers like the one you had for WoW and SC2 previously. This window and bnet agent stuff is garbage.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
05/13/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Elfulanito
But my one plead to blizzard - please change this technology, or remove it. Keep your patches and installers like the one you had for WoW and SC2 previously. This window and bnet agent stuff is garbage.

SC2 1.5/HotS and MoP are already using the same patching/streaming system.
Reply Quote
Finally it worked after 2 weeks :)I have a Windows 7 - 64bits.What I did in order:
1. Enable the Secondary Logon service and change its properties so that it will initiate automatically.
2. Reboot
3. Delete C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder
4. Disable my firewall AND my antivirus
5. Enable Windows XP v.3 compatibility of Diablo III Setup.exe
6. Run Diablo III Setup.exe as administrator

I tried everything on the first 6 pages of this thread, and this finally worked. It seems that enabling the windows xp v.3 compatibility did the trick.
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Elfulanito
you had for WoW and SC2 previously

05/13/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Barthus
SC2 1.5/HotS and MoP

The word previously there is the key :D I'm referring to a year or two back.
Reply Quote
Finally it worked after 2 weeks :)I have a Windows 7 - 64bits.What I did in order:
1. Enable the Secondary Logon service and change its properties so that it will initiate automatically.
2. Reboot
3. Delete C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder
4. Disable my firewall AND my antivirus
5. Enable Windows XP v.3 compatibility of Diablo III Setup.exe
6. Run Diablo III Setup.exe as administrator

I tried everything on the first 6 pages of this thread, and this finally worked. It seems that enabling the windows xp v.3 compatibility did the trick.

Can you tell me where it is to do #5?! I've done all these steps... and the updating setup files is crashing everytime around 90% with run as admin and ect..
Edited by ebmanii#1526 on 5/13/2012 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Enabled Secondary Logon and deleted battle.net folder, it works pefectly now!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hi all, I'd been having this problem all last night and read through this and deleting both battlenet hidden folders was the final solution for me on win7 after poking everything else. SO just dropping by to say it was a problem for me and I appreciate being able to find the solution here <3
Reply Quote
I figured mine out just now.

I have 2 accounts on my computer. The administrator account and my user account. I switched accounts and logged into the admin account just to see if there was something strange going on over there. Turns out that IE9 had a proxy set up from about 6 months ago when I was writing an article about TOR (the web tunneling service, not the MMO). As soon as I unchecked the proxy and "Automatically detect" boxes in the IE9 setup on the administrator account, it ran flawlessly.

So -
  • Open IE
  • Settings
  • Internet Options
  • Connetions
  • Lan Settings (button at the bottom)
  • Uncheck all of the boxes
  • OK
  • OK
  • Delete Battle.net folder
  • Run Diablo III installer
  • Keep in mind that this was done with Windows 7 64-bit using IE9. I'm not saying that it will work for you, but this is what did it for me. Hopefully it will help someone else.

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! +1... THAT WORKED FLAWLESSLY, MAKE SURE YOU ALSO CLICK "NEVER DIAL A CONNECTION"
    Reply Quote
    To those of you that just got it working - how long did it take for you to update setup files? Did it have a lot to download after you deleted the Battle.net folder? I'm retrying once every hour because it keeps getting stuck at 95% though I can see the progress bar and the "D" logo blink every now and then (usually a sign that it's doing something).

let me know as that would help me know how many times I could be restarting per hour.
    Reply Quote
    86 Draenei Shaman
    I've finally got it to where it changes to saying "Launching Blizzard Launcher" but it gets stuck again.....
    Reply Quote
    29 Worgen Druid
    05/13/2012 10:34 AMPosted by UnCharted

After about 30 minutes (40 minutes total I believe) it completed updating setup files and is now able to install.

wow after reading more and more post like this.. it was never stuck....
    you just werent patient. you only waited 20-25min???? wtf???
    and the after taht it was done.
    it was just catching up/ modifying files etc/

damn humans these days need to be more patient....

Yeah we'll I Just left mine over night (10~ hours) and still at 95%, I have carefully read through every post in this 10 page thread and not a single suggestion has worked.

However, I completely understand peoples frustrations, we have paid for a game that has an offer for a pre download and 1 day out from release it isn't working? wtf???

Imagine trying to sell a brand new car.....come test drive it!!!!!......when you get there they can't start it, what was the point in releasing it?
    MONEY......it makes the world go round.

When a billion dollar company starts playing with peoples money, frustration and impatience is completely valid.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]