Diablo® III

Updating System Files.

90 Gnome Rogue
I've uploaded my working Battle.net files to see if it may help anyone. Feel free to test and let me know.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21699449/D3+-+Battle.net+Files.zip

Place them inside: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

Agent
Client
Setup
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
This whole fiasco is really a !@#$ing joke. is it really so hard for a company earning hundreds of millions to come up with a WORKING installer? So that thousands of us don't have to get so frustrated looking for a solution to a %^-*ty faulty installer that YOU created. Why can't we just use the wow and sc2 installers? those worked perfectly well. Suddenly its a tie between mists of pandaria and the diablo 3 installer for the "stupidest blizzard moment" this year.
Reply Quote
Yah, this is some bologna Spending 2 hours researching and trying all suggestions for this updating system files bullcrap for a game that releases tomorrow that i already purchased a digital copy.... this mean I have to go buy a disc copy tomorrow to be able to play, since we can't have the installer work properly now?
Reply Quote
29 Worgen Druid
I've uploaded my working Battle.net files to see if it may help anyone. Feel free to test and let me know.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21699449/D3+-+Battle.net+Files.zip

Place them inside: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

Agent
Client
Setup

OMG!! Thankyou!!!!!! After having no success with any suggestions, this worked for me!

Thanks for thinking to do that and thanks for the files upload....your a champ.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
05/13/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Heralol
is it really so hard for a company earning hundreds of millions to come up with a WORKING installer?
The installer worked fine for me on 3 different systems and while this thread is at 11 pages, that's not anywhere near the amount of people that are read for tomorrow midnight.

So that thousands of us don't have to get so frustrated looking for a solution to a %^-*ty faulty installer that YOU created.
Thousands? Where exactly did you pull that number?

Suddenly its a tie between mists of pandaria and the diablo 3 installer for the "stupidest blizzard moment" this year.
Remove the tinfoil hat and try the steps or move on. The forums are a place to get help not a place to whine about your system not being able to properly run this file.

If you want the easy way out, format your system, don't install anything but diablo and you're good to go.

OMG!! Thankyou!!!!!! After having no success with any suggestions, this worked for me!

Thanks for thinking to do that and thanks for the files upload....your a champ.
\o/ yay. Glad that worked and I'm hoping others try it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
watch out. blizzard employee posing as a commoner
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
05/13/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Heralol
watch out. blizzard employee posing as a commoner
If only. :/

Though I was thinking of applying to their GM department and then I found out about their layoffs. No chance now. :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
side note tho, the files helped. thanks. blizzard still did a trashy job on the installer, regardless of what u or anyone else believes, imo.
Reply Quote
omg TYVM LEGITPWNAGE!!!!! i spent the last 4 hours trying to figure this out........................... now i can finally do my project for work lol.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
05/13/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Heralol
side note tho, the files helped. thanks. blizzard still did a trashy job on the installer, regardless of what u or anyone else believes, imo.
Fair enough. I wasn't trying to defend blizzard btw. I know they probably could have done a better job but whining about it really doesn't do much.

Anyhow, glad that worked for you as well.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
LEGITPWNAGE, you rock. I FINALLY got the installer screen after DLing your files, though I wouldn't be surprised if the post gets deleted as some sort of EULA violation. Until then, though, allow me to offer you Chrome's left kidney as payment...I'd offer mine but I'm old and you wouldn't get anything on the black market for it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
05/13/2012 11:30 PMPosted by Grimjeri
I'd offer mine but I'm old and you wouldn't get anything on the black market for it.
The only payment I will accept is that you enjoy the game my friend.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
Well, that remains to be seen...got the installer screen but then the Dreaded "Unexpected Decryption Error"...so I'm deleting it all, rebooted, and DLing it from the start, seeing if that works. Right now fighting with the downloader; it keeps closing without warning.

I'm not impressed with the experience so far, and haven't even gotten into the game. :(
Reply Quote
A bit off topic but yes, I experienced problems with the SC2 Launcher, similar to the issues above during launch. It seemed to have been fobbed off as 'you haven't done your port forwarding' though that never helped me.

In the end the only thing that did was a reformat and re-install windows. I compare the Blizzard Installers to that of the Windows Automatic Update system, works for some and not for others (Service pack distribution as a perfect example, which btw I did reformat to get working).

Glad it didn't come to that for you ManBearTank, we can see you on the battlefield come May 15!
Edited by GoldX#1933 on 5/14/2012 12:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not working for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm so depressed, just woke up and the downloader was just about finished, it promptly crashed on updating setup files at about 30%.

I tried a myriad of solutions, none of which seemed to work including disabling firewalls and AVs running in compatability modes, closing and opening Agent.exe and redownloading the whole damn thing and various combinations of these. I progressed from stuck at 30% to stuck at 60~% by deleting my battle.net folder and starting again in compat. mode for winXP with firewall/AV disabled. Now I get to try all those different solutions again, wheeeeeeee.

My installer file is in my Public Games folder, AV and Firewall are disabled, setup is running in compatability mode for WinXP (SP3) and

WAITAMINUTE - installer just finished after hanging at 65% for 20 minutes, that's weird. Good luck to you all, I am away to offer my prayers to whichever pagan deity I have to thank for that stroke of fortune.

HEIGH HO SILVER! AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
Okay, lost the link for the original post...

I was having trouble with the downloader randomly closing.

Bypassed it using this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/r37gr/d3_digital_predownload_bypassing_the_downloader/

Installed with no trouble; there's a post in these forums with the link and more info, but honestly, been trying so many darn fixes I can't be bothered to try to search it out again.

Hope it helps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]