Diablo® III

Updating System Files.

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
've uploaded my working Battle.net files to see if it may help anyone. Feel free to test and let me know.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21699449/D3+-+Battle.net+Files.zip

Place them inside: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

Agent
Client
Setup

6 hours ago

This my friends is our solution. Thanks Legit, you've saved my day. I'll now promply leave the installer window OPEN just in case, but your files did the trick. To everyone else, try downloading his files before you move on to something different.

Blue, please don't remove that link, it got me through your faulty crap patcher, and it's helping other people. Thanks again, legit!
Reply Quote
I've uploaded my working Battle.net files to see if it may help anyone. Feel free to test and let me know.

Agent
Client
Setup

Spent all evening trying to get this working. Thanks!!! I know Blizzard likes the fancy "auto" this and "background" that with the lovely artwork but a simple link to the download files would be just as helpful. Thanks again for the help. My stomach pains have eased!
Reply Quote
94 Dwarf Warrior
Legitpwnage you are the man! Thank you so much!
Reply Quote
Yeah i have nothing working for me... this is getting really frustrating... Is it possible that downloading it from the disc will solve the problem?
Reply Quote
84 Gnome Priest
I've uploaded my working Battle.net files to see if it may help anyone. Feel free to test and let me know.

Agent
Client
Setup

I bow to you sir!

Now as I looked in the Client folder I noticed another folder called Blizzard Launcher.1575....my installs prior to this never got to a point of creating this folder. Does that help? Idk but there you go.

Now another issue!

When I click Install I get an error that says "An unexpected decryption error occurred. Please contact Customer Support"

Is this due to not being able to install the game at the current time or can we install and be ready for live servers?
Edited by Cognus87#1684 on 5/14/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
75 Human Priest
not sure who's post to thank i did the:

services thing. get to manual
restart
start up the installer with window's xp service 3 with admin.
it gets to end, update files (gave up hope for a moment when i though i am stuck)
diablo install comes up i install, stress day over.

edit: thanks go to shelta and anyone else who posted helpful info for the people who are stuck.
Edited by chaoswarrior#1352 on 5/14/2012 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I cannot download the setup. After it goes into "Updating system files" It stops at 90% and says agent has stopped working!

I have tried several things like deleting the battlenet folder and trying again. Seeing if agent was stillr unning in background which it wasnt. Tried uniinstalling everything and trying again it failed. I checked secondary login, disabled all firewall/antivirus things. Several people I believe are having the same issue! Help

I even tried putting Legits files inside the battlenet folder and still no avail :( "Updating system files" still corrupts/terminates/fails to finish around 90%

HALP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :*(
Edited by ebmanii#1526 on 5/14/2012 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
I spent a long time in this thread trying various things, and always got stuck at about two thirds. After a few hours of trying everything in this thread - deleting the folders under appdata, running as admin, turning on the login service, etc., I started closing background programs. The instant I closed Curse the installer popped up. I tried closing the installer and opening it again, and again it started up immediately.

Your mileage may vary, but if you have curse running, try closing it.
Reply Quote
82 Troll Rogue
Legitpwnage,

Thank you very much!

I have been fighting the installer all day. Your files did the trick. I now see that big, beautiful "Play" button.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
84 Gnome Priest

Agent
Client
Setup

After replacing my files with yours and running the setup I received the Unexpected Decryption Error after pressing install. If anyone else gets this all you have to do is go back to your Diabo-III-Setup-enUS.exe and rerun it. The Diablo 3 Client will come up and the game will start installing after you read the agreement.

See you all in game.
Reply Quote
WHOA! GOt the installer up!!!!!!!! I farted around 2 days with this. I kept deleting the battlenet folder and replaced with the files womone linked on gamefront and the DOWNLOADER IS WORKING YES!!! <3 THIS IS THE SOLUTION! LEGITPWNAGE TY!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i tried both and have deleted that battle.net folder many times.. still nothing if you want a bloody screen shot the the service being enabled i will provide one it is still hanging at abotu 60% updating system files and i am getting fed up

*Ok deleted the folder for a 10th time and it finally worked, i guess something was just messing up and finally corrected itself?*
Edited by Jasoon#1317 on 5/14/2012 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
My proxy was causing the problem for me.

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Open Internet Options
-->(alternatively type "internet options" into the start menu search [windows 7 only?])
3. Connection Tab
4. Lan Settings Button (near the bottom)
5. Uncheck EVERYTHING
6. OK On both windows
7. Launch Diablo III Setup.exe

Once it works (if this was your problem too) you can go back in and recheck those options.

NOTE: I did this in conjunction with setting "Secondary Login" to automatic

Hope it helps someone!
Reply Quote
For those who can install after Legitpwnage posted his battle.net folder - can you click 'Play'? Putting in his files masks the issue....the communications problem/downloading problem that wouldn't let you get the files or the corruption that wouldn't let them update. At some point when the system needs to communicate in the manner that wouldn't let you download before - and you'll be stuck again.

I preinstalled without any problem. I reran the installer a couple days ago...it downloaded an update...and 'fire still rained'. Today on game day it downloaded the 0 day patch - and then froze on the launcher when I clicked 'play' after everything was complete. After shutting everything down...I was stuck at the 'updating setup files' issue that many of you are seeing even before you can download/install.

Nothing changed on my system....but it went from being able to communicate/download updates fine, to no go. This happened to me 3 times during the beta. I'd download it, install, play for a few days - the launcher would freeze...I'd be stuck at 'updating files'...none of the suggestions would work - I'd delete and completely redownload and everything would work for a few more days. Frustrating.
Reply Quote
hi everyone i need help i tryed everything and i'm going to try the manial way but i dont know if its the problem but i cant find agent.exe task in the task manager when i go trough the updating setup files can someone help me?
Reply Quote
OMG THANKYOU LEGIT!

Everyone having this issue get his files and use them now. It will work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]