Diablo® III

Updating System Files.

Hello friends,

after trying to fix this since BETA (for a month) and like 4 hrs today, I finally got fed up and just formatted/reinstalled windows 7 and immediately tried installing D3 on a fresh win install

The launcher installed fine, and the client is downloading now.

That's all I got =\

i refuse to format my PC to get one single game working, iam sorry but who should fix this issue is Blizzard and not me
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/14/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Mizarus
i refuse to format my PC to get one single game working, iam sorry but who should fix this issue is Blizzard and not me

I am with you, I had the same problem with Portal 2 on the PC and I *still haven't played it*. This was Valve's own advice too (to format) and I told them to basically go to hell. I have a feeling I am going to be stuck with D3 the same way I was with Portal 2.

Downloader still at 0% with no network activity with legitpwnage's zip. Do you need to run the D3 installer after unpacking it or something different?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've uploaded my working Battle.net files to see if it may help anyone. Feel free to test and let me know.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21699449/D3+-+Battle.net+Files.zip

Place them inside: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

Agent
Client
Setup
this worked for me. you all should try it.
Reply Quote
this has worked for me too. i just copied that users files, finished downloading and hit play.
it worked, saw the cinematic and ready to go for tomorrow.

thanks to legit.
Reply Quote
I've uploaded my working Battle.net files to see if it may help anyone. Feel free to test and let me know.

Agent
Client
Setup
this worked for me. you all should try it.

it installs the game but it wont launch it cause Agent.exe is still needed to run everytime you open the game...
Reply Quote
65 Undead Priest
I love you Omrakos... secondary logon service issue was the prob - only time I've ever mucked around with those type of issues was as a result of AVG PC Tune Up suggesting I do things and me doing the "I don't understand so I'll just click yes"... stupid AVG (and me) and wonderful OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMrakos
Reply Quote
83 Human Mage
Could someone upload the files Legit uploaded to somewhere other than gamefront?

Can't seem to load the gamefront website.
Edited by Shnucks on 5/14/2012 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Still doesnt work to me
Reply Quote
i installed the game but i cant launch it since the launcher still tries to update my Agent.exe

where are the blues on this regard, this seems to be the issue they have least adressed
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
I have tried all the above and still no dice. The difference with mine is it gets to 95% and then stalls... Sometimes the Agent thingy pops up to report the failure, but no luck. Im debating running out and buying the disk at 12 tonight and pray that it works. I've been waiting for this game for so long! Thanks for any input. Much appreciated!
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Docdeath
I have tried all the above and still no dice. The difference with mine is it gets to 95% and then stalls... Sometimes the Agent thingy pops up to report the failure, but no luck. Im debating running out and buying the disk at 12 tonight and pray that it works. I've been waiting for this game for so long! Thanks for any input. Much appreciated!

like i said the updater still uses the Agent.exe so even with the cd you still might not be able to play
Reply Quote
First off, I love the Mac installer and OSX. Installed with no problems and faster than the speed of light.

I am going to be running a second copy on my Windows 7 64bit machine so we can both play together, and I just finished having the same problem all of you had, and it wasn't the Secondary Login thing or anything else. It was sitting at 77% completed forever.

I uninstalled the copy of Avast free antivirus that was on the machine, rebooted, and what do you know - the installer was a breeze and now it's playing the opening cinematic.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
you sir are a legend! thank you
Reply Quote
because another thread was started... an my bro is having the same issue...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I've tried everything here, nothing seems to work. I only ever get the Agent.524, never the 913. Sometimes i get a crash report sometimes it just tells me it stopped working. Every crash report looks like this:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #1 (0x13370001) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.524\Agent.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:00A2432C

The instruction at "0x00A2432C" referenced memory at "0x00000024".
The memory could not be read.

Note: I've never made it past like 30%, and every time that i deleted the battle.net folder the next installation would appear to start from the beginning at some point it would restart itself the bar would jump to 30% and then it would error. I assume this is when it finished downloading the Agent folder stuff and the agent starts up.

Also, if i start the agent.exe first before running the setup it pretty much instantly crashes upon startup of the setup.
Edited by Dum#1253 on 5/14/2012 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

Agent
Client
Setup

I generally never trust any links or download files posted on forums but after trying everything for the past 4 hours... well I said what the hell, i'll prolly have to reinstall os anyway so i tried this link and I made it to the installer. TYVM, now that im past the trash i have to face the boss: the installer wont budge :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Thank you so much for this, I set it to automatic and its been working perfectly since. Youre a godsend.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I generally never trust any links or download files posted on forums but after trying everything for the past 4 hours... well I said what the hell, i'll prolly have to reinstall os anyway so i tried this link and I made it to the installer. TYVM, now that im past the trash i have to face the boss: the installer wont budge :(

Open task manager and force Agent32 to shut down (end task). I would actually recommend to reboot, then run the installer again. This worked for me. Remember when the game installs, it needs to patch. I got an error after the game "patched" (play button was enabled) and when I pressed "PLAY" nothing happened. CLosed the installer, tried to open it back up, stuck at "updating installer". Forced the Agent to close down through task manager - nothing happened.

Rebooted, ran installer, went just fine. Saw intro cinematic, adjusted settings and now I'm ready to go. I would seriously recommend rebooting between attempts since it seems the "agent" program gets worse after continually messing with it.
Reply Quote
Solution for me:

Secondary Logon started and automatic;
Downloaded other setup from Battle.net account (size is different from some days ago);
On properties, compatibility with Windows XP SP 3 and start as Administrator.

Worked fine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]