Diablo® III

Updating System Files.

The Secondary Logon issue resolved this for me! Thanks!
Reply Quote
The gamefront link worked for me! Headache has vanished!
Reply Quote
Wow, thanks so much Omrakos.
You really are a dedicated employee, I got this finally resolved
Thanks alot!! :D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
See if you have the Windows Secondary Logon service enabled. The game requires it and I know a lot of people disable it in hopes of making their computer more secure. It's enabled by default by Microsoft.

To check, go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and scroll down to Secondary Logon. right click it and select properties. Check it's startup status and change it to automatic or manual if it's currently set to disabled.

If it's disabled, the D3 Setup.exe will appear to do nothing when ran and the MOP installation will appear to hang on Updating Setup Files. There may be other symptoms but these are two I'm seeing the most right now.

You are awesome
Reply Quote
There really is no rhyme or reason to why the stupid installer started to work and Download the game.

I tried everything that people have discussed here repeatedly. Deleting files, re running the Diablo III Setup.exe, compatibility, run as administrator, disable antivirus, enable secondary logon, delete folders, and so on. (Maybe cumulatively these things put you in some kind of window of opportunity, but nothing directly answers the problem for the user IMO)

It really was just more chance than anything, that's why I think everyone is successful a little bit differently.

My only 2 cents is this: Once the green progress bar got to 90% for me, the first time I waited about 5 minutes and I just killed it (the update window), and the Agent.exe. Then I re-ran the Diablo III Setup.exe.

This time it hit 90% and I waited, before 5 minutes the launcher appeared and began to Download. Yippee.

Now it's even more funny. (The download itself that is). I am getting full Download rate no problem, and then the Download rate just slowly tapers off to 0 and it just seems to go to sleep. So I kill the launcher and the Agent.exe. Re-open the Diablo III Setup.exe, and I get a little bit more downloaded each time. Looks like Blizzard direct download is just feeding the Download in little pieces, and then I will get a little bit from P2P...

This is so dumb. Wow. This was going on in Beta too... it sucked. I should have just waited until tomorrow and gotten a physical copy. Bleh.

Good luck all.
Reply Quote
Im having this issue on a Mac. Can anyone help me on things to try to resolve this?
Reply Quote
Can Blizzard please just post the files that are needed so we all just download them without having to run though this load of crap?
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
The 'Updating setup files' bar gets almost all the way to end, Agent.exe crashes...then after about a minute Agent.exe springs back to life and faster than I can end the process it knocks the 'updating setup files' bar back down to about 60% and this happens over and over and over.

Oh and this is WITH a physical copy.
Edited by Tyberion#1784 on 5/15/2012 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hey, im having the same issue, stuck on "Updating Setup Files" iv been searching for the past 7 hours and i even went out tonight to buy a coppy of the game hopeing that it would fix this issue, im on windows XP 64, and i cant find a way to fix this problem, PLEASE HELP BLIZZ!! im an anual pass user and now iv wasted 67$ on a retail copy that didnt fix my problem at all
Reply Quote
Launched and still not working, ugh I am very disappointed in blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ya iv tryed everything to get this to work im pulling my hear out. The closest i can get is to start the d3 instal, then bring up task manager, close the agent.exe, then re open the agent.exe, but i only get a few % further then i was b4. I wish someone would give us a simple fix, espically sence we pay 67$ to get a game we cant install :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
In my Agent.exe screen, it keeps spamming

Request Issued: GET /update/client
Response: 200
{
"state" : 1000.000000
}

but i get no real progress on my "Updating setup files..."
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
I finally managed to get to the Launcher by using these

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21699449/D3+-+Battle.net+Files.zip

The Launcher gets to 100% and the Update Agent crashes and I can't play. If I try to click play before it gets to 100% the launcher freezes and I can't play.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
The Launcher is at 100%, I clicked play, down the bottom it says 'launching...' but of course nothing is happening.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This really is frustrating that we can't install the game we paid for without spending hours and hours hopelessly troubleshooting with no definitive answers. Totally unacceptable service. This is meant to be the biggest game company in the world and the product WON'T INSTALL. Really? REALLY?

But aside from not being able to install the product (lol), it's even the small things that are frustrating. Like why does the "Updating setup files..." prompt not have actual numbers/figures/proper percentage instead of just a hideous "Windows 3.1" looking progress bar which doesn't show any accuracy? At least if it reported meaningful information we could know whether we should wait 4 hours or whether we should kill it before it wastes our bandwidth?

Why is there no definitive blue post about this? Even if it's bad news, at least it would give people a path.

Also why are people suggesting to install files from third party websites? That is not a viable or secure solution at all.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
Third party files are the only way I can get any progress at all.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
WOOHOO!

Those Third Party Files that are in no way viable just got me into the game, best of luck all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]