Diablo® III

Updating System Files.

I have a real cool problem.

Go to install the game on Vista, gets through the set up file junk, i click install - click agree to the ToS/ToU & it says "Diablo III requires a newer operating system to run" (which is weird because the outside of the box says it works with vista?)

So, as I wait 80 minutes for a representative to talk to, I decide to run in 'safe mode with networking'. I open the file there and run as administrator. Now I get to the part where I'm stuck on updating system files.

So the rep tells me to delete my avg, so here I am, having the same problem with absolutely NO virus protection.

Heres the conundrum:

Run windows in regular mode & have it tell me I require a newer operating system (than vista)

or

Run windows in Safe Mode with Networking and have it get stuck @ updating system files.

....happy birthday to me. it's been a joyous past 3 hours.

is your vista fully updated? i got that error too i jsut had to update vista.
Reply Quote
I'm also getting the same problem, Was playing d3 about 5 hours ago and had to step out, and got home tried to launch it now getting the same problem. Stuck on "Updating setup files"... any idea?
Reply Quote
TO SOMEONE WHO UPLOADED HIS 43mb BATTLE.NET FOLDER... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! I FINALLY PASSED "THE UPDATING SETUP FILES"!!
Reply Quote
what if you dont have a battle.net folder?
Reply Quote
thanks to the OP....

this fixed my problem and now able to install, thank you <3
Reply Quote
77 Orc Rogue
I did all the above suggestions and it still does not work. This is so frustrating. I have followed all the blizzard suggestions. I tried using the predownload bypass and it does not work
Reply Quote
This is pretty over the top people still having the same issue a week after release. Not to mention everytime I submitted a ticket with all the required info dxdiag files etc I get some cut and pasted BS response like 'did you try deleting your battle.net file?' Seriously a week later and that is what you give me after I take the time to submit a ticket? Thanks...

I had used every suggestion on this forum and changed 30 different settings on my computer just to install some software. The only one that worked was using someone else's uploaded battle.net file. He is back a page on p19 of this thread there was a quote and link to his upload

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21699449/D3+-+Battle.net+Files.zip

Put those files in your battle.net folder and screw the idiots here running tech support that issue still isnt addressed.
GL
Reply Quote
My issue is that agent isn't starting at all. when the setup starts, agent dosn't. there is simply no agent runing on my computer
Reply Quote
So the the Diablo 3 pre-download finished download, but when I run Diablo III Setup(.exe) I get a small window saying " Updating System Files." It never finishes, and just kinda sits there. What do?
Edited by Kapper#2286 on 5/22/2012 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I've uploaded my working Battle.net files to see if it may help anyone. Feel free to test and let me know.

Place them inside: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

Legitpwnage

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
Edited by Elucca#2297 on 5/22/2012 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've uploaded my working Battle.net files to see if it may help anyone. Feel free to test and let me know.

Agent
Client
Setup

thx a lot man , really appreciate it =D
Reply Quote
I have spent over 8 hours trying to get past the Diablo Setup Updating Files. Nothing works Including the http://www.gamefront.com/files/21699449/D3+-+Battle.net+Files.zip link.
I have Windows Vista 64 bit and core 2 quad cpu and have officially decided Dablo 3 isn't working with this setup. Ive tried EVERYTHING! This is the first game in my life that I cant even Install... Sure wish I could get a refund.. Oh well, Good Luck everyone else. This game officially beat me
Reply Quote
The hardest mode in the game is install mode. I haven't been able to beat that boss yet.
Reply Quote
YES!... YES!!...YAAAAAS!
it's working after this WHOLE time of waiting, many thanks.
every one who used this and worked out for him "O's" u BIG faiver, i suggest u collect in game

Salute,
Reply Quote
95 Tauren Druid

Agent
Client
Setup

Thank you for this, I finally managed to get past the Updating Setup File stage. Looking forward to playing the game.

For everyone else, look into that guy's link and remember this is a relatively new launcher and D3 is the first release that's used it. It has a few problems that are certainly disappointing but it's only a matter of time until they're fixed (the game has only been out for about a week now) but in the meantime the support staff has been working hard to try and help people overcome these problems. A bit of patience and consideration can go a long way.
Reply Quote
A friend of mine and I spent the whole day today trying to install this damn thing and nothing works. And I mean nothing, we even formated the drive, installed a fresh copy of XP, updated graphics card, installed all XP updates (up to SP3) and then started a clean install of D3 and it just stands there at 0% installing files.

We tried 99% percent of suggestions here, really don't know what else to do. Really frustrated by all this, the game is really not cheap and almost a week after being out it's not possible to install it.
Reply Quote
Well, the solution was to leave it running over the night. In the morning, the installer was still at 0%, but under Start there was a new Diablo 3 shortcut, which when run starts seting up the files. The game installs, even though the installer is still at 0%. Close installer and start playing the game:)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
Hello!

I've tried almost everything to fix the updating files error, until I read someone's post about opening their INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSER..In there they went to tools -- options -- last tab -- network -- make sure you're not on a proxy, or whatever. You should check "NEVER DIAL A CONNECTION"

I'm not sure why the settings in IE was changed, but it was. Once I did this step I ran the launcher, it updated files and I can play D3 again!

Cheers!
Reply Quote
Yea this is my problem as well, Agent simply isnt running when I try and setup diablo 3. I have checked task manager and I cant find Agent process to delete it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]