Diablo® III

Updating System Files.

yep i just deleted the cash the task manager of the exe file or whatever also the battle.net folder even restarted after all that then tryed to start the update and after all that same thing happend again iunno what to do lol i cant belive ive understood the process this far
Reply Quote
Abe,

Are you right clicking the downloader file and selecting Run as an admin each time?

run as administrator, same problem, 2/3 freeze.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Painlock ,

Could be that. Agent will shut off around 12 seconds after being closed normally. I should probably have you all check in the Task Manager to be sure it's not running before launching the downloader.

Painlock ,

Could be that. Agent will shut off around 12 seconds after being closed normally. I should probably have you all check in the Task Manager to be sure it's not running before launching the downloader.

I have to open task manager and end the process every time I make an attempt regardless, since it wont let me re-delete the battlenet folder otherwise
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
All right, why don't you three, Abe, nightmare, and Nothgard, send me your msinfo information. I need to see if there are any signs of internet security apps in there that may be causing issues.

Use the instructions in this article but just do it for the msinfo, not the others.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/22660

Send the resulting file to me as an attachment via an email to Omrakos.Support@Blizzard.com

Make sure you identify yourself with your posting name in this thread so I can keep them straight.

wow it almost worked it whent to 90 precent when i closed the exe file while the dler was going off it even said opening blizzard launcer then about after 12 seconds it whent straight back to were it was before
Reply Quote
All right, why don't you three, Abe, nightmare, and Nothgard, send me your msinfo information. I need to see if there are any signs of internet security apps in there that may be causing issues.

Use the instructions in this article but just do it for the msinfo, not the others.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/22660

Send the resulting file to me as an attachment via an email to Omrakos.Support@Blizzard.com

Make sure you identify yourself with your posting name in this thread so I can keep them straight.

sent
Reply Quote
i have sent as well
Reply Quote
Abe,

Are you right clicking the downloader file and selecting Run as an admin each time?

I have done both.
Reply Quote
Sent.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I've just skimmed Abe's so far.

You've got a lot of stuff on there it's hard to know where to start. The apps that stick out to me mostly are Hamachi's LogMeIn and Pando Media Booster.

I see the Secondary Logon service is set to manual but it's not running. Executing the setup file should be starting it. Since it's not, I'm assuming that's where we need to concentrate.

Try booting in selective startup once and then seeing if the downloader works.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/backgroundapps

I'll hang out and wait for an answer, unless you want my msinfo, too. Agent isn't running, both folders have been deleted, the setup file has been allowed through the firewall, I'm running as administrator, and secondary logon has been enabled. As soon as I try to run the installer, error code BLZAPPBTS00002 pops up immediately.

Did I miss anything?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Nothgard,

I see you also have LogMeIn and Pando Media Booster. Your Secondary Logon service is also in a stopped state which could be due to a reboot, or it could also be getting prevented from starting.

Try booting in selective startup too as I suggested to Abe.

I've just skimmed Abe's so far.

You've got a lot of stuff on there it's hard to know where to start. The apps that stick out to me mostly are Hamachi's LogMeIn and Pando Media Booster.

I see the Secondary Logon service is set to manual but it's not running. Executing the setup file should be starting it. Since it's not, I'm assuming that's where we need to concentrate.

Try booting in selective startup once and then seeing if the downloader works.

Selective startup for secondary logon properties?

the only options i see are automatic, automatic (delayed start), manual, and disabled
Reply Quote
In case it makes a difference - World of Warcraft loads up with no problem, and Starcraft 2 is currently patching. Once that finishes I'll let you know if it loads properly
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Vittorino,

Neither of those is using Agent yet which is where the problem lies.

Abe,

No, selective startup to reboot. Check the link I gave for instructions.

well i have no idea what to do ive tryed so many things even things u havent suggested nothing seems to work i have to go to work soon so i cant keep fooling with this forever :(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
nightmare,

I haven't received your msinfo file yet, unless you identified yourself as a different name than "nightmare".

Omrakos, just so you know, what you're doing is appreciated. I know that troubleshooting remotely without control of the system can be frustrating.

Everyone else - Please don't get too worked up over this. Remember that we still have 4 days before the game opens up, which is plenty of time to get the situation sorted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]