Diablo® III

Updating System Files.

I'm running in safe mode right now. I got the same result.

I also checked the secondary logon and it says that it can't be enabled in safe mode.
Reply Quote
well i whent into safe mode wasent able to even work my internet in that mode so the update def was not working anyways ive run out of time off to work ill read more posts tommorow but i cant do anymore right now i did send u that info again though later
Reply Quote
Tried safe mode, still broken, big surprise, next
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Here's some steps I found from a user on the MOP Beta forum. It's worth a try as they have the same issue with Agent.

STEP 1: open your internet explorer and do the following:

internet options > Connections > LAN Settings > uncheck "Automatically detect settings"

STEP 2: CTRL ALT DEL Kill any Agent*32/Launcher.exe

go to : C:\ProgramData\ and delete the Battle.net folder (THE WHOLE FOLDER)

Run the installer now. When it seems to hang:

Start Task Manager and end the Agent.exe process (not process tree). Then take a look at your updater. It should complete.

internet options > Connections > LAN Settings > uncheck "Automatically detect settings"

Start Task Manager and end the Agent.exe process (not process tree). Then take a look at your updater. It should complete.

I did this while in Safe Mode, and Selective Start up. Got no where.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Att

Here's some steps I found from a user on the MOP Beta forum. It's worth a try as they have the same issue with Agent.

I did this, and it went to like 95%. then Agent.exe came back up.. and it went back down to 70%
Edited by Kaipod#1970 on 5/10/2012 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

This sounds made up, but its not, stay with me;

I did everything you said, and after I ended the process with the updater running, it continued to sit for a little while at 70%, then suddenly shot up to about 97%, then sat there for awhile...

...and I am not kidding you, the damn bar went BACK DOWN TO 70%.... and proceeded to stay there, frozen.

I hate my life.

Can I get my money back and play torchlight?
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Abe
Can I get my money back and play torchlight?

Lol....
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
The Updater switches to saying "Loading Blizzard Launcher" then goes back down to "Updating system files"
Reply Quote
Same problem here i have tried everything posted in the fourms in the past. I have tried download a file from a 3rd party and it fixes the issue but then it goes to "launching blizzard launcher" and nothing happens. Nothing is blocking the program that i know off have AVG and have completely removed other anti virus using there files that remove them from the computer.

I have deleted the battle.net folder and have re-installed the pre-install data only to be stuck at "updating setup files". i have run task manager and stopped the agent.exe and opened it again. I have let the Diablo 3 setup run for 12 hours numerous times as i left my computer on onlt to wake up to "updating setup files".

I am running windows vista 32 SP2. I have opened a ticket on the issue only to get a automated response. No other games on my computer are having this problem. Diablo 2, Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft etc. I am beginning to think that it is a problem with the agent itself. My only other option is to wipe my hard drive and start from scratch but i don't wanna do that.

I have submitted my dxdiag and msinfo32 and a Representative said i didn't have anything blocking it that they could see. I have that information if you need it. Anything would help at this point have almost given up hope.
Reply Quote
Everyone here is getting further than I have. I'm still getting the "Can't connect to the internet" error, which I find highly amusing, since I'm connected to the internet right now.
Reply Quote
How could a game that is SO mainstreem, from such a massive company, with so much hype, have such an atrociously bugged installer? Indie games dont have these problems.

I seriously feel like I'm doing somebody elses job right now
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Don't need to get so angry, lol. Keep calm we'll figure out how to fix it.
Reply Quote
How could a game that is SO mainstreem, from such a massive company, with so much hype, have such an atrociously bugged installer? Indie games dont have these problems.

We should all get something!
With all the troubleshooting, and theory testing we are doing.
Plus the patience we are using.
Reply Quote
No need to get angry? I payed 60 dollars for a game that cant be installed.

I have been up for hours trying one pointless exercise after the other.

I am well within my rights to get angry.
Reply Quote

It's not atrociously bugged, it's only a problem for a handful of people. None of my friends or coworkers has had this happen, and I know of at least 8 other people that have downloaded and installed with no problem. From a troubleshooting standpoint, issues like this are the hardest to nail down. It isn't hitting everyone, and the people that are getting hung up are using various operating systems and vastly different hardware.

And I can't stress enough that the game doesn't even unlock for 4 more days. The amount of attention that Omrakos is giving this thread is proof that he's trying to fix the problem. I know you're excited and a little irritated that this thing isn't working. That's understandable. Help out where you can, but try to avoid getting too upset. It really isn't going to help anything.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I'm just saying it isn't going to help you, or anyone helping us if you get angry. Patience.
Reply Quote
Well I cant stomach anymore of this nonsense for tonight, going to bed. Ill continue to follow this thread tomorrow
Reply Quote

I paid $100, and I'm not anywhere near your level of rage. The kicker here is that I have to take medication specifically for uncontrollable outbursts of irrational anger. The fact that I'm still 100% calm about the exact same issue (even though I spent twice as much when you factor in shipping costs) should tell you something.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
05/10/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Vittorino

I paid $100, and I'm not anywhere near your level of rage. The kicker here is that I have to take medication specifically for uncontrollable outbursts of irrational anger. The fact that I'm still 100% calm about the exact same issue (even though I spent twice as much when you factor in shipping costs) should tell you something.

I admire your control, Mr. Banner.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]