Diablo® III

Where do we go now (sweet child)?

Sorry for the song lyric pun, but I couldn't resist.

I'm just thinking, where would we like to see Diablo Fiction go from here. What mediums would really bring the experience across? What events or eras would we want to learn about? What stories do we want to be told?

In regards to the first question, I expect novels and wouldn't be surprised by another comic/manga, but lets see something that we haven't see n already, shall we? Personally, I loved Wrath, and would enjoy an animated series, or even feature film. That said, what I truly deeply madly want is a nice live action TV series (or feature film, but I'd prefer TV series). I miss having a something along those lines since Buffy, and to a much lesser extent, Angel, went off the air (nothing that came since has really done it for me), and I think with the right story, Diablo could do it.

As for the stories, the Wrath certainly did pique my interest in the Eternal conflict, although I think it would be difficult for us to relate to just Angels and Demons without more human characters. Still, it might have potential. On the other hand, the story I'd really love to see fleshed out is the birth of the Horadrim and the binding of the 3.

So, in the end, I would love to see a TV series following the adventures of the Horadrim (complete with characters like Tal Rasha and Jared Cain) as they track down the 3 Prime Evils, and maybe an animated series (web based might make it more plausible) on the Eternal Conflict, continuing along the lines of Wrath. While I know I probably won't get either, it would be nice.

What would you like to see?
Reply Quote
I would like to see them redo the Wraith video with a real Cutscene and not the Animae style they chose to do.. It was good but imagine how good it would be like an in game cutscene. I was really hoping to see a bad !@# video at 100% on the heroes rise page but we got that Animae crap instead.. Still hoping to see better things in game........
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Hellswraith
I would like to see them redo the Wraith video with a real Cutscene and not the Animae style they chose to do.. It was good but imagine how good it would be like an in game cutscene. I was really hoping to see a bad !@# video at 100% on the heroes rise page but we got that Animae crap instead.. Still hoping to see better things in game........

Not the point. This thread was not meant as a discussion on the quality of the Wrath Cutscene (there are plenty of threads on that). This thread is about what kind of official fiction you want to see in the future. I'm talking about bigger and more extensive things than a little promo-trailer.
Reply Quote
I think that a TV series on the fouding of the Horadrim and the Hunt for the three would be absolutely amazing.

Maybe they could do an origin story for Deckard Cain or somthing and we could learn the ominous secrets of his past and how he managed to be at the center of this conflict.
Reply Quote
I think that a TV series on the fouding of the Horadrim and the Hunt for the three would be absolutely amazing.

Maybe they could do an origin story for Deckard Cain or somthing and we could learn the ominous secrets of his past and how he managed to be at the center of this conflict.

I'm with you on the 1st part.

The second part, I think you'll get your wish in The Order by Nate Kenyon.
Reply Quote
Wrath was a adequate introduction for Blizzard treading into the animated industry though I admit I was expecting for a little more meat. A Diablo movie is a must and it should have the honor being the first. Covering some overdue manga attention for Diablo be nice as they did in building hype for StarCraft II with the Frontline series and some Warcraft volume.

A prequel to the events of Diablo might be interesting. From the arrival of King Leoric and his benevolent rule, Diablo's corruption and the many accounts between that until Aiden returns to a terrorized Tristram.
05/10/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Ginzo
Nah, IMHO I think a new Diablo book trilogy would offer much more in the Dark Exile/Hunt for the Three storyline though a animated series of this significant chapter is a sorely entertaining idea...

05/10/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Ginzo
The Order does enter into Deckard Cain's past, the prologue can be read showing him as a skeptical youth to the mad stories told by his mother. Apparently Cain also revealed to be 83 years old by the events of Diablo III begin.
  • http://books.simonandschuster.com/Diablo-III-The-Order/Nate-Kenyon/9781442349865/browse_inside
  • Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]