Diablo® III

D3 dual installation

Already posted this in the General forum but as suggested there I'm also posting here.

Do you think it will be possible to install the english and french version on the same computer but in separate folders?

The reason I'm asking this is that I will play the game in english but my girlfriend would prefer to play in french so with both installation I could launch the english version when I play and she could launch the french version when she wants to play.

Thanks
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
As far as I'm aware, yes. However, in order to perform the second install, the installer cannot find the existing installation. (Just rename the folder and install the french client)

On launch, 'gamepath' is always set to the folder the launcher is currently in.

Since frFR and enUS are not part of the same 'localeset' I don't think you'd be able to switch back and forth between them, but you should be able to have a single enGB/frFR install and easily switch between them.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/10/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
As far as I can tell, you should be able to switch back and forth between French and English with the in-game options. I'd wait and test this before trying a second installation. : )
Reply Quote
As far as I can tell, you should be able to switch back and forth between French and English with the in-game options. I'd wait and test this before trying a second installation. : )

This is true, you can change the language of the game in the options menu. At least you could for beta, so I assume you can for retail. No reason they would remove it for retail.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
As an update on this, these are the languages which you'll be able to select after installing the enUS client.
"display_locales":[
"enUS",
"esMX",
"ptBR",
"koKR",
"zhTW",
"deDE",
"esES",
"frFR",
"itIT",
"plPL",
"ruRU"
],

So, yeah, you'll be able to change from enUS to frFR with a single d3 install.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/12/2012 4:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Kaltonis

Good to know.

Thanks a lot
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]