Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Manual .pdf FILE ?!

Monday - 14 May when the servers will be opened and we could install the game ... will we get the Manual.pdf file also ? or blizzard thinks it will be too much of a spoiler and will remove the file until the next day after the official release ?

In case that the manual.pdf file isn't that much of a spoiler ... is there any chance that we can get it sooner ? :D

PS : when I want to instal the game there is a button called : MANUAL there ... but it will only point me to the website ...

So i asked about the .pdf file hopping there will be one and we could have some light reading until the game will be available ....

Those who got CE Box ... they have something to read :(
Reply Quote
I believe the online game guide will be the manual please correct me if I am wrong. In my other lifetime we would get 100 plus page manuals loaded with lore, today we only get a one page quick start guide (10 pages if a Mac version comes in the box) oh yea and a 50 page EULA.
Reply Quote
dude bugger off. You maaaybe read it once then never read it again. stop complaining.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 03:01 PMPosted by MagicLand
dude bugger off. You maaaybe read it once then never read it again. stop complaining.

not quite ... since I like taking small breaks from the games once in a while .... taking 2-3 weeks maybe a month of break from a game .. when I'm returning ... I've got an urge to read the MANUAL while the game is being installed :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Blizzard use to make wonderful manuals for their games, but out the window those went.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Mantaur
Blizzard use to make wonderful manuals for their games, but out the window those went.

all companies used to make wounderfull manuals

zelda games used to have a world map in the manual
mario had some back story (mario 1: all residents of the mushroom kingdom was turned into bricks by the mage bouser, king of the koopas)
C&C red alert had lore to every unit + a strat guid to beat the first 2 allied missions
metal gear solid had codec numbers + an important one needed to advance

man i miss game manuals from the 80s and 90s
Reply Quote

C&C red alert had lore to every unit + a strat guid to beat the first 2 allied missions

man i miss game manuals from the 80s and 90s

Exactly.
I spent hours on the john, reading weird manuals of games that were "new" back then, planning and strategizing while taking a crap.

EDIT:
Especialy Command & Conquer ones
Edited by Hypnotoad#2356 on 5/9/2012 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
[/quote]all companies used to make wounderfull manuals

zelda games used to have a world map in the manual
mario had some back story (mario 1: all residents of the mushroom kingdom was turned into bricks by the mage bouser, king of the koopas)
metal gear solid had codec numbers + an important one needed to advance

man i miss game manuals from the 80s and 90s[/quote]

Ahh the codec's, LOVE
Edited by XxBIGWOODxX#1975 on 5/9/2012 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i eel companies should use manuals as a form of anti piracy, like in order to advance you have to look for something in the manual much like metal gear solid had done, it at least makes the game more fun in my opinion
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I still have my favorite manual of all time.
F22 Lightning manual was a binder, full of mission briefings, tutorials, etc. 200 pages of awesome.
Reply Quote
Here's the manual. They uploaded it early!!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Ronix
I believe the online game guide will be the manual please correct me if I am wrong. In my other lifetime we would get 100 plus page manuals loaded with lore, today we only get a one page quick start guide (10 pages if a Mac version comes in the box) oh yea and a 50 page EULA.

Good times. I remember the Starcraft manual had me entertained for days.
Reply Quote
The Red Alert Manual actually also contained morse code in the footer which hinted at the giant ant secret level. I remember me and my friend spending hours decoding it page by page.

Ah, the days before datamining and internet spoilers.
Reply Quote
I second that blizzard used to make wonderful manuals... I spent alot of my Jr. High days with my head in my Diablo 2 manual fantasizing about different aspects of the game and it's lore, or trying to copy some of the artwork... I would like to get my hands on this manual as well, see if it has the same feel that it used to have back in the day... My starcraft manual was quite satisfying as well...
Reply Quote
Games havent had manuals for a really long time. Big deal. That's what the internets is for. I to enjoyed reading manuals on the crapper, but such is progress.

Although..it would be nice if the reduced cost of not having a big printed manual got transferred somehow to the price of games....naahh
Reply Quote
Gotta say, I miss the glory days of game manuals, and Blizzard made some of the best. As already pointed out, the Starcraft and Diablo 2 manuals were some high-quality good reading. At the very least, the CE could have a decent manual in it.

But, I guess if we want a decent game manual with a good backstory, the Book of Cain is as good as it will get this time around.
Reply Quote
Any gamer that's been around knows most gamers don't even read manuals even if they are made. Take Witcher 2 for example which came with a full blown manual and complete walk-through guide yet they still had to create an in-game tutorial because players complained they didn't know how to play. Even better you'll still find all sorts of questions regarding how to do x on internet forums when players were provided a complete and detailed guide that answers every question they'd ever ask on forums regarding quests or what happens in the game.

tldr; most gamers are illiterate today so why bother
Edited by Fearpoint#1182 on 5/9/2012 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Orc Death Knight
05/09/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Ronix

Now if only the dang page wasn't 90% "coming soon" it might work. A PDF would be nice in place of a non-finished game manual. Or Maybe even an ingame tutorial.
Edited by Enigma#1868 on 5/16/2012 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]