Diablo® III

Diablo III Performance issue on Macs

(Locked)

85 Human Mage
Hey guys,
I wanted to know if they fixed the performance issue in regards to low Frames Per Second on Macs. This issue has been there for me since the last two patches. Before the two patches came out, (patch that was on at March 31st, when I got the beta invite) had no problems with game play. Then all of a sudden this performance issue came up.

It is not an issue with my hardware capabilities (i7 2.3 ghz, 1gb graphics and 4 gb ram, MBP) as there was absolutely no problems when I was invited to the Beta.

Can an admin/game master please respond to this post, as before the forums were deleted, I had a thread going with many other Mac users.

I just want Blizzard to know that they had the code correct before the two patches.

If other people have this issue, please write out your concerns so that Blizzard knows of this issue (incase they forgot us :P)
I had the same issue with my 27 inch Imac

i7 quad core 860 2.8G
ATI 4850 512m VRAM
Snowleopard 10.6.8
8G Ram

I played the beta test for quite a while using my friends account

Before patch 16, everything was good.
At open beta test, I was only able to get fps around 35 at full screen 1920 resolution
the FPS dropped significantly to about 20 when I used full screen window mode.

The problem is that under full screen mode, 9 out of 10 times I was not able to fully quit the game. It will give me a black screen and only a full hard restart can reboot my computer.
With the window mode, the game still failed to quit, but at least I can get back to desktop and force kill the program ( sometimes, the memory (taking about 1G ram) still would not be released at all.

This is a serious problem for Blizzard, I don't have any problem running starcraft 2 on my imac. I hate to say this but Either the D3 programmers (at least for beta) screwed big or the mac support team is horrible compared to starcraft 2.
MVP - Technical Support
Please use these forums to discuss retail/live version. Any beta issues should be left past tense.

If, on may 15th, there are still performance issues, they can be reviewed then. I believe they only unlocked these forums early to help deal with installer issues prior to launch.
Edited by MysticalOS#1981 on 5/9/2012 9:54 PM PDT
I had the same problem, choppy performance to say the least and I'd like to know as well

MacBook Pro, 15-Inch Late 2011

2.5 GHZ Intel Core i7
8GB 1333mhz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
12 Tauren Paladin
Please use these forums to discuss retail/live version. Any beta issues should be left past tense.

If, on may 15th, there are still performance issues, they can be reviewed then. I believe they only unlocked these forums early to help deal with installer issues prior to launch.

I missed you last reply due to forum wipe. What kind of mac system do you have?
MVP - Technical Support
2008 mac pro. 2006 macbook pro.

2008 mac pro plays d3 flawlessly at 60fps everywhere, macbook pro obviously runs away in terror at sight of D3. :)

The blue's wiped these forums to make sure no beta bugs or issues carried over to live issues, as the live version will be a much more up to date build and have a day 1 1.0.1 patch even. Things like hang on exit should be fixed. performance should be better as it will no longer be a hack job beta client with debugging turned on. It will be an optimized compile. Newer reports will be needed on that client.

Will it have performance issues still? possibly, but not necessarily the same area's or causes, which is why beta performance threads can confuse people coming for support and people come together and start discussing two diff versions of game in same thread.
Blizzard Employee
Omegal is correct.

Let's keep this relating to live builds of the game.

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]