Diablo® III

Work-around for Unsupported Graphics Cards

90 Gnome Warlock
05/14/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Noodlez
It would have been nice to get a warning before committing to a full year of warcraft just to learn this. Like a pop up of some sort.

Pretty sure when blizzard posted the list of supported video cards and required specs is there way of warning people with older computers.
Their*
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
That's all well and good but I'd add, if you decide to do this and have terrible performance as expected, please do not contact us reporting it. We know the unsupported cards aren't going to perform well and there's nothing we'll be able to do to remedy it.

Even so, there's many people who purchased the annual pass who would rather run Diablo 3 on abysmal settings rather than not at all.

Let us keep this thread at the top. No one deserves to be kept from Diablo 3 on release day.
Reply Quote
You just saved my friend so much frustration!
Edited by EternalEnemy#1946 on 5/14/2012 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
this has not worked for me at all. any other suggestions? it would be cool to get a blue response about getting false positives for cards. my card isn't on the list for unsupported, the only 4800 is the geforce ti 4800. different from my card. my shader ver. is 4.0 and what not. but i'm still just getting the GD error screen.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Yeah, I got the same thing. I'm probably just going to go get a new graphics card just to save myself a headache or two, but I will try this walkaround first, just to see if that helps anything. Let's hope that this guy's suggestion works.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Please keep the ability to hit ESC and still attempt to load forever. :)

So far, this work around allows me to get to the login screen and it feels and looks smooth. Can't wait to "attempt" to play tonight!
Reply Quote
Please keep the ability to hit ESC and still attempt to load forever. :)

So far, this work around allows me to get to the login screen and it feels and looks smooth. Can't wait to "attempt" to play tonight!

Yep me too, I have a unsupported card but I tried the trick and im at the main menu. It seems smooth but I hope gameplay will happen nicely. I have a card thay everyone is saying basically "your screwed" but we'll see.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Save the file and close it.
When you launch the game, you will still get the same “Unsupported graphics card” error that pops up. Press esc and the game will load.

You sir are a God.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
what about on a mac?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
My new computer won't be here for another week! >.< (Dang order times)

So i'll give this a go in the mean time with my laptop .

GC:Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

I can't wait for the new PC to arrive!!
Edited by Eaterofsouls#1326 on 5/14/2012 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Does the download on the launcher need to be at 100% to find the txt file?
Reply Quote
Any chance for GeForce 210? There's a youtube video of a guy playing on an overclocked one.
Reply Quote
Finally found the txt file. Had to do a search under "computer" to find it. Searched "prefs" and it popped up first on the list. Edited the file as per instructions. I was able to launch all the way to the log in screen. Fingers crossed, cinematic trailer looked great. Log in screen looks great....I'm running Intel(4) chip set.

This post has been a life saver. May all Godz bless thee on thy future travels.....
Reply Quote
I can't find this file anywhere!!! Help please!
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Jemo

likewise... ive dug through all the folders and cant find it

used search too
Edited by Baltar#1599 on 5/14/2012 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
did that :/
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Jemo

05/14/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Baltar

likewise... ive dug through all the folders and cant find it

used search too

Try clicking "start". Then double click "computer". Enter "prefs" in the search field. Worked for me, and I was about to give up.
Reply Quote
Did you DL the game at 100%?
Reply Quote
yes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]