Diablo® III

Work-around for Unsupported Graphics Cards

Hey everyone i too was having trouble and was very upset. I have an elitebook with the intel 4 chipset series and was surprised i couldn't play at all from the get-go. i did the work around posted earlier and the game loaded YAYY!! I'm hoping i'll be able to play this way until i have the cash to buy a tower.... Servers aren't up yet so i haven't actually played. but i placed the game on the lowest settings and we will see how well it works in a few minutes. I'll let you all know.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
can you guys help me the work around wont work for me i have the same problem
Reply Quote
I can't find the d3prefs file either... I am doing a full computer search.
Reply Quote
I have searched everywhere and can't find a thing. The only text file that I can find is the D3debug....
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Jemo
I have searched everywhere and can't find a thing. The only text file that I can find is the D3debug....

me too
Reply Quote
try to start the game. when it pops up and says your card is not supported. press esc. you should then get a white screen that will say you don't have the requirements. after this go to documents. and there should be a diablo3 folder. the d3pref.txt file is the only one in there now. and boom make the changes. and voila. low quality play.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Computer>Hard Disk Drives>Users>Your Current Username>My Documents>Diablo3

You might have some odd user account and control settings, be on a limited user account or something of the sort if you still can't find it there.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I've found the folder it belongs in, but no file.

Nvm

Just started the game, hit ESC when the pop up came, then the file appeared.
Edited by Vanz#1682 on 5/14/2012 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Any work arounds for black screens yet? Like if the video card gives you a black screen after this work around?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
i installed the game pre download but when i launch the game the screen goes gray and a error pops up saying graphic error d3d please retry heres a pic http://i.imgur.com/A2GgF.jpg

help?
Reply Quote
wow, I can access the login screen now. Hope it will at least run on lowest!! Lova ya!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I can't find the file aswell
Reply Quote
yeah tried it and it just exits my game competely i fixed the perf file too and when i did it just shut down the program and asked me what i was doing when it happened turned it back the white was and now the white screen i was getting after pressing escape wont even stay there
Reply Quote
If you cant find the file d3prefs.txt, then choose "Reset preferences" in Launcher... It helped me. Then i found the file and did those adjustments. Thumbs up for game launching... But as stated in the beginning of this thread - the card (Intel 4 Series, in my case) is unsupported for a reason. So the game performance is extremly poor and not playable, even on the lowest detail level possible :-)

So no gaming during working hours, have to wait till i get home :-)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well I tried the trick and the good part is it let me through.
Bad part is I only hear the sound and see the mouse icon with a blank screen...Is there any fix to this?
Reply Quote
Yeah I don't think I can run this an an Intel 4 series
Reply Quote
ive gone to the text file and changed the parameters, when the your card is unsupported comes up i hit ESC, the demons head shows up, and then my computer restarts? WTF?
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:45 AMPosted by HaseoXTH
Yeah I don't think I can run this an an Intel 4 series

Well, you can RUN it, but doubt you can (in any reasonable way) PLAY it :-)
Reply Quote
I am happy to report that ,even with my "unsupported" GeForce Go 7300, D3 runs pretty well considering my laptop is 5 years old. Thank you for the work-around! I was pretty worried when it didn't start, but luckily with lowest settings the game IS playable! Of course the graphics are not that good at lowest detail, and 800 X 600 looks a bit fuzzy, but I have had little to no slowdown. Already got a lvl 9 Monk, and loving all the changes so far!
Reply Quote
Define "runs pretty well". What sort of framerates are you getting?
Edited by Phanataz#1388 on 5/15/2012 4:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]