Diablo® III

Work-around for Unsupported Graphics Cards

85 Human Mage
My GF tried this fix on her PC it works! NOTE: You will not get the D3prefs folder until the game launches, open the game hit PLAY when the Unsupported card message comes up just hit ESC, give it a few and the folder will now be there, Diablo3 is running wonderfully on the PC in question, easily 50+FPS (and the card is one of the INTEL 4 Series (3yrold laptop)
Edited by Litespeed#2844 on 5/15/2012 5:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I got the text file. Only issue I have now is that when I open it, none of the stated entries are there. Am I able to just add them or am I just completely screwed?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Cancel that. A couple hours sleep does not allow me to be literate.
Reply Quote
Just tried the idea that he had. The game does work but it is in slow mo the whole time. If there is a way to keep messing with the settings like he did. There should be a way eventually to get it to run fluidly you would think.
Reply Quote
Awesome! Works very well for my laptop with GeForce Go 7300 card.
Thank you very much for this advice!
Reply Quote
I tried everything that was mentioned, and D3Prefs file never pops up, i've got Intel 4 version, if anyone could help i would very appreciate
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 06:14 AMPosted by Jmanson4
Just tried the idea that he had. The game does work but it is in slow mo the whole time. If there is a way to keep messing with the settings like he did. There should be a way eventually to get it to run fluidly you would think.

Im having the same issue. i managed to get to lvl 5! ha! but its hard to play. if some1 could figure out how to tweak the settings so that i could actually attack a big group of monsters that would be awesome. im pissed i have an intel 4 chipset. NEVER BUYING A LAPTOP AGAIN. cant even upgrade anything. this was a nice surprise to me when i wait 12 years for this game >:( I might just have to build my own pc for the future... but getting the cash is the hard part.
Edited by illshaded#1994 on 5/15/2012 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
OK so i got the game running with the work around... but now the window minimizes every couple minutes.... making it pretty much impossible to play... any way to get around this?! haha. damn you blizzard. i'm about to buy a new comp.
Reply Quote
I just want to play diablo 3.. everything else on my laptop will do just fine... except for this crappy intel 4 chipset. I cant even replace it.. Why does it have to be this way?
Reply Quote
Just tried this and it worked great! The game started right away!!!!!! and the graphics seem great so far. Will update in a little
Reply Quote
Got to lvl 8 and about to kill the skeleton King. Then it started to get choppy again after putting all of the settings to low. Anyone else have any luck beating the system?
Reply Quote
Nope. :( I get killed pretty fast in the catacombs because of the choppyness.
Reply Quote
playing in window mode stops the screen from minimizing every 5 minutes.... but now it's super laggy and choppy....ughh
Reply Quote
After i get to the grey screen the file should appear or i have to search it again?? im still having an issue finding this dam d3prefs. Does my download need to be 100% to find the file? please help im freaking out i just wanna play
Reply Quote
you need to have it downloaded yes. you need to try to start the game. it should tell you your computer sucks...press esc. then it should tell you your computer sucks again and fail to load.... at this point the folder "diablo3" should be under documents. the .txt file is in there.
Reply Quote
Gunna try this as soon as I can get back online again. But the funny thing is that I got a AMD Radeon 6990 HD graph card. Still laggy like fukk when playin with others or when lots of area of effects abillities are active. sigh
Reply Quote
Playing in window mode makes it super choppy so avoid any changes to that....

The changes I made in d3pref are as follows....

*the orginal posted fix*

trilinearfiltering from "0" to "1"

hardwareclass from "0" to "1"

--at this point you should be able to load the game--but for me the window kept minimizing when too much was going on...so go ahead and switch everything to the lowest settings.--

--now go back to the d3pref.txt

*this final change made it run smooth for me*

-change reflectionquality from "0" to "1"
Reply Quote
It's not working for me... I'am starting game, clicking play. I can see the devil head with D3 logo. After this, grey screen shows, and error: "click to retry creating d3d device". I'am hitting ESC, and it shows again. Then I'am going to d3prefs.txt and changing:

DisableTrilinearFiltering "0" changing to "1"
HardwareClass "0" changing to "1"

Then saving, going back to d3, hitting ESC and error shows again!

What am I doing wrong? Help, plz.
Reply Quote
86 Human Warrior
i double clicked computer and in search field typed prefs, but it brings up the internet?! help?!!!!
Reply Quote
86 Human Warrior
ok so i got to the txt and i changed the refection thingy from 0 to 1 but when i load it still says the error, i cant even get to login screen
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]