Diablo® III

Work-around for Unsupported Graphics Cards

86 Human Warrior
i changed all of that, still wont work, i get a error when i load plz help!!!
Reply Quote
I got the exact same problem as a few others. My GFX is actually on the High performance list but i still get the error that my video card is not supported. i got a GTX 550 Ti
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Warlock
this Actually worked super well for my GF
She has an integrated Intel g43/g45 chipset
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Warlock
05/15/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Beatriix
i changed all of that, still wont work, i get a error when i load plz help!!!

open launcher
Press Play
Get "Unsupported Graphics Card" message
Press Escape
Enjoy Game.....(or don't, your mileage may vary)
Reply Quote
I don't see the file "d3prefs.txt" under Diablo 3.... How do you get a work around to work if you don't have that?
Reply Quote
fix worked for me after first save. tried to free up some more space on my hard drive too cope with some lag... the lag seems to come and go... it's playable... but in the worst way... waiting for a new comp... still persevering with the intel 4 graphics family chip.
Reply Quote
close all other programs besides d3.
Reply Quote
Hi, just for said that with a Intel Pentium M (1,76GHz) and a NVidia GeForce 6800GT, it's work. But there is a few lag and all going slow but in coop, the other players help a lot so it's playable. Thank you for the fix :-)

(Sorry for my english, it's not my native langage)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I cant seem to find this d3prefs.txt Some different places to look would be nice. I checked my users folder. no go.
Reply Quote
I can't get the "d3prefs.txt" File no matter what I do... * tears* Btw how come I can play World Of Warcraft on my Laptop but not This? WOW seems to have better graphics..So I'm confused.... Does anyone know any other walk arounds?... Cause otherwise I just wasted $60...
Reply Quote
Also when I do the esc button thing it says my drivers are not all updated.. Does anyone know all the drivers and versions that need to be used to play the game. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Why can't you just make this game work with every other graphic card just like any other games =( We want to enjoy the game and story not so much on the graphic..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I just hit esc after the error popped up. And i got diablo 3 cant run because this graphics card is missing required features. No worries though. The laptop i got for free from my g/f and i have a nice rig. Just wanted to d3 @ work tonight. a smidge of halp finding the txt file'd be nice though. not game breaking - for me @least.

~easy
Reply Quote
Tamer,
Thank you so much for your simple, working solution. Even I could figure it out. If I had a firstborn, they'd be express mailed to you as we speak. Now if only the servers were up. I love me some Blizzard Launch Day shenanigans!
Reply Quote
windows 7 its under documents. if you did the normal install.
Reply Quote
worked for me, i have the intel 4 series, turned all the settings down and it runs fine :D
Reply Quote
for those of you who cant find the "d3prefs.txt" file its simple to find just click the start menu and search for it in your search box or hit the windows button on your keyboard + r
Reply Quote
5 Human Rogue
file doesnt exsist on mine either what a pain im pissed
Reply Quote
I too have tried to find this evasive little file, D3Prefs.txt, to no avail.

Would it be possible to instead, have someone post the contents of the file somewhere and allow those of us who can't get it to appear to simply create it and copy paste the contents?
Reply Quote
5 Human Rogue
i have the same chip how did you do it email me plzzz need help DX ToxicPerfektion@gmail.com
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]