Diablo® III

Work-around for Unsupported Graphics Cards

Playing in window mode makes it super choppy so avoid any changes to that....

The changes I made in d3pref are as follows....

*the orginal posted fix*

trilinearfiltering from "0" to "1"

hardwareclass from "0" to "1"

--at this point you should be able to load the game--but for me the window kept minimizing when too much was going on...so go ahead and switch everything to the lowest settings.--

--now go back to the d3pref.txt

*this final change made it run smooth for me*

-change reflectionquality from "0" to "1"

Gonna try your last change now. Will update
Reply Quote
Thank you very much for this work around. in the list it said that my graphics card shouldn't even be able to start the game (and i completely understand if it doesn't work properly) I am going to give the game a shot an see how things work. Once again, thank you very much ^^
Reply Quote
Hey just wanted to say thanks I've been trying to fix this issue for a while due to my intel graphics card but because of finding this it runs like a champ surprisingly.
Reply Quote
I dont have this folder.....
Reply Quote
HELPP pleaseee..
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Thermophylae
HELPP pleaseee..

Use the Windows search function.
Reply Quote
Thats the issue I have. I'm on a laptop and run into a wall when it comes to even installing the game (stays at 0% and sorta laughs at my laptop's inferior tech). I want to be able to play on this laptop because I've played Diablo since I first started playing it (I even found the Hellfire expansion) and have no intention on giving up now. All I want to do is play casually and enjoy what the game has to offer...any way that it could happen or am I doomed to shelling out for a better laptop/PC?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What if we dont have

DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)

in our folder I cant find it I found the other one though pls help thnx
Reply Quote
I know that, but's it's not there
Reply Quote
what can i do with my settings to make it run smoother? It worked but its laggy as all hell!
Reply Quote
Not working. curse this... I paid 100 bucks for a CE and I get this...
Reply Quote
47 Blood Elf Warlock
still laggy anything more i can do?
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Bloodrawn
still laggy anything more i can do?
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
i believe in my attempt to change trilinear filtering i may have messed up the color correction. can anyone tell me what it should be at? currently mine is at 0
Reply Quote
Thank you......
I have a 4 year old laptop with a intel 4 chip thing instead of a graphics card.....been so upset all day as I couldnt get it to work and gave up
I then came onto this forum and saw this fix/bypass and for me its worked...
whoever worked this out is a legend and has my eternal thanks
Reply Quote
Thank you......
I have a 4 year old laptop with a intel 4 chip thing instead of a graphics card.....been so upset all day as I couldnt get it to work and gave up
I then came onto this forum and saw this fix/bypass and for me its worked...
whoever worked this out is a legend and has my eternal thanks

Pretty much in the exact same situation here, and it let me play too.

Thank you, whoever found this out.

As for low framerates, pfft. I'm used to below 15 FPS in WoW. :P
Reply Quote
xFaceRollx
I used the windows search and I still cant find it

Same Here PLEASE HELP, ive been waiting forever for this game, and now. BOOM nop your not playing it sir, this is bull!@#$ please hhelpp
Edited by Thermophylae#1998 on 5/15/2012 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you are unable to play Diablo III due to an "Unsupported graphics card error", I do have a work-around. But before you do anything, please understand that your GPU is unsupported for a reason. Usually this is because of the absolutely mediocre performance it will get even at lowest settings. Chances are your performance will be so bad that the game will simply not be playable. That being said, there is really no harm in trying out this work-around. Just understand that this is not a *fix* but rather a *work-around* and your performance will likely be awful no matter what. There is nothing Blizzard can do to *fix* this because there is simply nothing for them to *fix*.

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it. (There are other places it could be. For example, C:\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\Documents\Diablo III ... just use Windows search to find d3prefs.txt )

Change:
- DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save the file and close it.
When you launch the game, you will still get the same “Unsupported graphics card” error that pops up. Press esc and the game will load.
What if there is no file by that name anywhere?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]