Diablo® III

What are you reading?

I'm reading the amazing spiderman. I've actually never read any of them but had an innate love for the movies. So, went to a comic book store asked someone what's the best way to start, and out of the two he gave me I decided to go retro and re the 1-13# of the amazing spiderman from the marvel masterworks. Great choice.
Reply Quote
Second book in Lies of Locke Lamora series.
Reply Quote
I have been reading most of the Tom Clancy novels like Black Hawk Down, Splinter Cell oh and im finishing up the Bourne Legacy novel which is pretty sick.
Reply Quote
1Q84
Reply Quote
I am currently re-reading The Summer of the Ubume by Natsuhiko Kyogoku and Drops of God graphic novels by Tadashi Agi
Reply Quote
View profile
08/07/2012 01:55 AMPosted by judeobscure
1Q84

Sweet lord does that book take forever. It was an interesting book and I love Murakami, but in my opinion the story seemed to drag at times.

As for myself, just finished reading IT as well as the Eragon books, and am now on The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.
Reply Quote
I just started reading Mistborn, the first in the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson.

I just finished Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein and The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. They are both about sci-fi war and the philosophy behind it. I thoroughly enjoyed them both.

Starship Troopers promotes the glory of war while The Forever War portrays war as useless and a waste of life, time, and money.
Reply Quote
Just finished The Dream of Perpetual Motion, by Dexter Palmer. It was a very, very, bitter book. Moreso if you've ever been in love... I quite enjoyed it.
Reply Quote
A people's history of the world.

700+ page book on class struggle throughout history.

No, it isn't for a class. It is for "fun". Addicting once you get into it. Not just this book, but well-written books on class struggle in general.

Read mostly non-fiction these days, but I've been slowly getting back into fiction. With the huge disappointment in gaming over the last few years, I've turned back to my original hobby of reading fiction. Sat down and read the first book of "The Ranger's Apprentice". Aimed towards children and highly unoriginal and predictable, but was still very entertaining. Read the whole thing through in one sitting.
Reply Quote
Game of thrones
Reply Quote
and Assassin's Creed (all of them from the Altair era) again.
Reply Quote
Systematic Theology by Louis Berkhof. Very good so far.

Divine Comedy. Inferno was great, Purgatory was okay, Paradise is boring so far.

The Coming Race by Edward Bulwer-Lytton should be arriving in the mail soon. I enjoy hollow earth stories. My two favorites are The Mound by HP Lovecraft and First Men in the Moon by HG Wells. Check it, yo!
Reply Quote
I just finished Azimov's "The Gods Themselves" and planning to re-read Zelazny's "This Immortal" next week. Amazing stuff to revisit every once in a while...
Edited by OdiOsO#1615 on 4/30/2014 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:45 PMPosted by pix
Just starting book 9 of "The Wheel of Time".

Honestly, these books have gotten... bloated. It's a little rough to keep going. Still, I can't stop because when it is good, it's the best.

I might actually use D3 as a break from the reading :D

Book nine is when it finally stops feeling like a chore to read them. That whole stretch from 4-8 is pretty painful at times.
Reply Quote
Currently the Game Of Thrones and Divergent series'.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]