Diablo® III

The Scale of the Universe

90 Human Mage
I thought this was pretty cool. It's an interactable Flash image that allows you to put the universe into perspective.

http://htwins.net/scale2/index.html

Courtesy of Cary and Michael Huang
Reply Quote
Wow thank you very much for posting this. Very awesome!!
Reply Quote
Pretty awesome. Weird though considering I was just having a discussion with some coworkers this afternoon about the universe and the size of it and I come home and see this thread. :)
Reply Quote
Amazing! Thanks for posting this!

~*Bookmarked*~ to show to others.
Edited by Mysticaura#1573 on 5/11/2012 1:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Very cool.
Reply Quote
I remember when this first came out on newgrounds years ago
Reply Quote
Very nice and appropiate for this forum. Thanks!
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Wow bookmarked. This completely blew my mind!
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Paladin
Amazing.
Reply Quote
Very, very nice. Thanks for posting.
Reply Quote
That is incredible. Love it!
Reply Quote
Much better than the old version 1, nice.
Reply Quote
OMG! LOVE IT!
Reply Quote
Want to see the universe?
Reply Quote
It's Awesome because it has the size of a Minecraft world in in XD
Reply Quote
Amazing, thank you!
Reply Quote
Now to expand the universe...
Reply Quote
This is pretty awesome. But isn't it "estimated" that the universe infinite?
Reply Quote
Awesome post!

I used the Firefox extension called DownloadHelper to rip/grab the FLV file from that link and saved it to my external hard drive. It's only 2.86 MB. I, then, downloaded Adobe's standalone flash player which Adobe calls the "Flash Player Projector." I opened the FLV from the Projector, and I was able to play with the flash file as if it were using the in-browser flash plugin. The Projector (standalone flash player) is 7.9 MB, but it does not install onto your computer; the EXE is the program itself, and it just runs after you double-click on it. The Adobe Flash Projector opens SWF files by default, so you have to select "all files" in order to see your FLV files. If you have Windows 7, you can just type the drive name and path and filename directly, and Windows 7 will guess what file you're trying to open with its dynamic file search algorithm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]