Diablo® III

Should i go barb?

90 Orc Hunter
All of my friends are seeming to roll witch doctors, as for my self I've narrowed it down to Wizard or Barb. I realize pvp isn't for a while and were not sure of numbers endgame in pve, but i want the communities help in my final decision. If i want to melt their WH faces in both pve and pvp... Barb or Wizard?
Reply Quote
I'd say, if you played the beta, then whatever you liked best during that.

If you didn't play beta (like myself) I'd base it off of the character information on this site, and choose what appeals to you. You could also play them a bit in the game when you get it to see which mechanics you like better.

I know for sure I'm going Barbarian, but I want to try out Wizard as well to see how that plays. Also, you could go off which gear you like the look of best. Sometimes, cosmetics helps in making a choice.

What I look for in a class is killing ability (all the classes have that), animations, the actual skills and skill animations, and the way they look in armor/how their armor looks. The last one may seem to be the same thing, but it's different because the way the character wears the armor might look cool, but if the armor itself looks stupid, it'll throw the whole feel of the character off for me.
Reply Quote
If you have to ask if you should go barb, then you are not ready!
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Dezaro
All of my friends are seeming to roll witch doctors, as for my self I've narrowed it down to Wizard or Barb. I realize pvp isn't for a while and were not sure of numbers endgame in pve, but i want the communities help in my final decision. If i want to melt their WH faces in both pve and pvp... Barb or Wizard?

I've thought long and hard on this and have been debating between the same two classes myself. The Barbarian is more of an adrenaline rush and has the more chaotic and "in your face" feel. The Wizard, on the other hand, has the coolest looking abilities and in my opinion is the most versatile class in the game in terms of potential builds.

In the end, I'll be going Barbarian first because my buddy will be a Demon Hunter and I think its a better pair than DH/Wizard, but I certainly will be playing a Wizard alongside my Barbarian!
Reply Quote
well...i can tell you about what i'm doing

i've always played the mage class in every single RPG i can remember in the past 4years but this time i'm going with the Barbarian.
why? first, when i played the beta, imo Wizard sucked big time, it was just not fun at all playing with Wizard. second i hate the ''rogue energy'' kinda of resource for casters, to me, casters should only use mana. and the third is that the barbarian has a super saiyan skill, you just can't compete with that

Wizard will still probably be my 2nd character...
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Dezaro

It depends. You have to ask some questions? Do you prefer to stay mostly at melee or ranged? What type of resource managment do you like the most? Aesthetics, combat overall looks, skills. Which of those 2 apeal more to you?

For me the answer is the baba mostly because I love melee chars and I love the enhanced physics. Rocketing a zombie 100ft away with a bash (or any other skill) makes my smile every single time. To the point that it's even stress releaving . Those are 2 major factors that have made choose between a baba and the rest. I'll play all classes and enjoy all of them in their own merit. But most of my dedication for years to come will into my baba.
Reply Quote
I hate the ''rogue energy'' kinda of resource for casters, to me, casters should only use mana.

How is Arcane Power any different from Mana other than in name?
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 09:37 PMPosted by MrSuplex
I hate the ''rogue energy'' kinda of resource for casters, to me, casters should only use mana.

How is Arcane Power any different from Mana other than in name?

The difference is with mana, the cap goes up and up and up as you gain int and +mana gear and abilities.

With arcane, the arcane pool never exceeds 100. So like rogue energy, it has a near constant regeneration rate and it is out of a permanent amount. The functional difference is that if you have a wizard move that costs 70 arcane, you will not be able to spam it back to back without waiting for the other 40 arcane to regenerate. With a mana spell costing say 300 mana, out of your max of 1,000, you will be able to spam in three times (assuming no cooldown).

This makes wizard spell combinations more rotational to allow optimized bursts of damage based around the arcane cost and cooldown.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]