Diablo® III

Wizard beginning stats?

Hey, I looked around at the stickies and all through the game guide but I couldn't find this anywhere. Does anyone know what the Wizard's beginning stats/life per level etc. are?
Reply Quote
Before posting the numbers it is important to point out that all classes follow the same formula with only the primary stat adjusted, and all classes also wear the same armor (mostly). The differences are visual only. I believe these values are accurate. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

7 Str +1 per level
7 Dex +1 per level
7 Int +3 per level
7 Vit +2 per level

Hp 36 + 4 * level + 10 *vitality

All wizards also recieve a pool of arcane power starting at 100 and base regeneration of 10 adjustable by items and skills.
Edited by CdrRogdan#1818 on 5/10/2012 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
...oh... so there is no customization in stat/attribute points in Diablo 3? AND no customization in skills? This game just dropped about 50 levels of excitement in my books.
Reply Quote
Skillsd are very customizable. Go play with the calculator they have posted on this site:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard

Stats are customizable with gear.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Zeratul
...oh... so there is no customization in stat/attribute points in Diablo 3? AND no customization in skills? This game just dropped about 50 levels of excitement in my books.

aww now you can't click vitality 300 times.. how sad
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 03:20 PMPosted by andy
aww now you can't click vitality 300 times.. how sad

Actually that's the complete opposite as I was going to do.
Skills are customizable, yes, but once you have a good build people can just copy it without having to remake characters which made Diablo 2 so fun. Goodbye to having a mf hdin and a pvp smiter, because they are one in the same- just "customize" him and in 2 seconds he is the same guy rather than having to actually work for it.
Edited by Odin#2294 on 5/10/2012 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I fail to see what would be positive about being stuck with a permanently crappier character because you messed up with a few stat or skill choices.

And.. why did you ask this question?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Another person who once again fails to realize how stupid the stat system is and was~
Reply Quote
I fail to see what would be positive about being stuck with a permanently crappier character because you messed up with a few stat or skill choices.

And.. why did you ask this question?

I broke the game with skill point selection (as long as I don't have a hard time finding what I assume will be very easy drops). And don't want 1 million people to copy my build (by merely changing 3 skills in ~5 second instead of wasting their time building a new character) which will, in turn, have Blizzard nerf the Wizard and make me very much so dissapointed.

05/10/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Vespir
Another person who once again fails to realize how stupid the stat system is and was~

It is and was 100x better than the current version. I wouldn't want a Wizard wearing some godly heavy armor unless he was placing points into Strength... Might as well go play some SC2/WC:TFT customs if you like this skill/stat point system.
Edited by Odin#2294 on 5/10/2012 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can see where where people are coming from on the skill permanency thing...there's a sense in which, if you can just swap your skills around at any time, all wizards are kind of the same, and it might be cool to distinguish ourselves by those choices. I'm not too bothered by it, because I think people will still distinguish themselves by their build choices, they just won't be permanent ones, but I can see the other point of view, too.

But the stat thing? Stats were never a way of customizing D2 characters. They were just a way of screwing up D2 characters if you didn't know what you were doing.

Strength: Enough for gear.
Dexterity: Enough for max block if you use a shield, otherwise enough for gear.
Vitality: Whatever's left.
Energy: lol

This is not a source of additional choices. This is a source of fake choices that are actually just idiot traps. Not useful. GTFO.
Reply Quote
I can see where where people are coming from on the skill permanency thing...there's a sense in which, if you can just swap your skills around at any time, all wizards are kind of the same, and it might be cool to distinguish ourselves by those choices. I'm not too bothered by it, because I think people will still distinguish themselves by their build choices, they just won't be permanent ones, but I can see the other point of view, too.

But the stat thing? Stats were never a way of customizing D2 characters. They were just a way of screwing up D2 characters if you didn't know what you were doing.

Strength: Enough for gear.
Dexterity: Enough for max block if you use a shield, otherwise enough for gear.
Vitality: Whatever's left.
Energy: lol

This is not a source of additional choices. This is a source of fake choices that are actually just idiot traps. Not useful. GTFO.

Must not have ever played melee... High dex zealots were amazing. ES orbers/ES melee sorcs. STR zerk barbs. ALL gone. Now just go ahead and copy my Wizard right now so Blizz can come and nerf it before I start cheesing the game with it. Link here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acQjOm!YfU!cZcbYa
and for even more cheese:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#adXjOm!Yfb!cZabYY
Edited by Odin#2294 on 5/10/2012 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
your build sucks. replace archon with disintegrate. (the first build)
Edited by Maverick#1242 on 5/10/2012 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 04:17 PMPosted by andy
your build sucks. replace archon with disintegrate. (the first build)

That build was aiming for the teleport on target PvP kill. Teleport on with Calamity for Wave of Force hit, 4 Arcane Orbits explode on them, then transform into Archon with Arcane Destruction rune. And laugh over their dead body.
2nd build, is very much unkillable. Diamond skin + Ancient Guardian... uhh... can you say OP? (only way to die is to forget to cast skills or get matched against a WD who uses poison)
Edited by Odin#2294 on 5/10/2012 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Once in Inferno, if you swap spell, you loose your Mf debuff.. And your build kinda suck lol
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Katakomb
Once in Inferno, if you swap spell, you loose your Mf debuff.. And your build kinda suck lol

You only gain MF buff for the duration of one game... You can still spell swap all you want with no harm at all.
Reply Quote
Your second build is quite killable, especially since it has practically 0 offensive power.

Your first one is good if your opponent is standing still and doing nothing, while you teleport onto them. And it's a one trick pony, with no sustainable combat power beyond a long cooldown power (Archon). Sure, it'll take down someone a few levels lower than you that can't handle 4-5 hits; I doubt it'll actually kill anyone in one go. And once you've blown your cooldowns? Pew pew pew them with magic missile?
Reply Quote
Thread Summary:

OP is worried that people are going to be copying his builds because he is way better than everybody else and his builds will be better than anything that other players could come up with.
He wants people to have to start a whole new character from level one to discourage others from copying his 1337 builds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]