Diablo® III

Can this PC handle D3?

90 Goblin Rogue
My current laptop won't handle Diablo 3 so i've been talking with a guy about putting together a rig that could handle it and the specifications he gave me were "It will be a rebuilt Dell xps with a core i3 540 cpu, 8 gb ram, 200+ gb SATA HD, DVD/RW and nvidia 260 gtx." My first thought was the 260 gtx is a bit old as my friend used one in 2009. Would this build handle diablo 3? if so, would i be able to run it on at least mid-ish settings? Any advice and help is appreciated.

Oh, the reason for this particular build is because my budget for this desktop (its a desktop, btw) is $400. poopy budget, i know, but it's all i will have after selling my laptop.
Reply Quote
If you read the system requirements, you would notice the GTX 260 is the recommended card. Thus it will handle max settings.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
i did, i just dont know a lot about computers so i didnt know if the processor was good enough or if i needed a better one. So recommended specifications will handle max settings? Thank you for the response, even though it came off a bit rude.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Hypersonic
If you read the system requirements, you would notice the GTX 260 is the recommended card. Thus it will handle max settings.

Since when is are recommended specs every considered capable of the highest settings in any game?

Recommended specs are typically good for "medium" settings.

EDIT: While D3 isn't crazy demanding the recommended specs are not sufficient to play with all settings on high.
Edited by Hostile#1562 on 5/10/2012 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
05/10/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Hostile
Recommended specs are typically good for "medium" settings.

Thank you for clearing that up. It seemed a bit odd to me. heh heh. Thank you for the detailed response, Hostile.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]