Limbonic Art
Old Man's Child
Dimmu Borgir
Dissection

Wow dude, you worship Satan too?

To each his own I suppose.

I'll pray for you =D
Reply Quote
Hmm, seems you're missing the point. The idea was to share what you might prefer to listen to once the in-game music has lost it's luster, provoking thought and conversation. Nice of you to bash on my preference in music.

Let's see if another example will help you get started, for instance if I'm in a more brutal mood as opposed to the exploratory mood listed previously:

The Black Dahlia Murder
Obscura
The Faceless
Necrophagist
Cannibal Corpse
Immersed
Job For A Cowboy
Decapitated
Reply Quote
I'll have some Opeth, Tiamat, and Slayer playing probably.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Gonnaburyyou
Oh hai, I was just headed over to Hot Topic, wanna come?

I did nahhht
Reply Quote
Dude, Opeth rocks, but I can't ever decide what category to put them in, haha.
Reply Quote
Fierce.
Reply Quote
I shared my list in a previous thread like this, but what the hell, I'll share it again :) And yes, I'm continuing to label this as heavy metal (stirred up quite the conversation last time)

Disturbed
Five Finger Death Punch
P.O.D.
Ozzy (and yes he put on a good concert at Blizzcon)
Saliva
Skillet
Pantera (some of it)

and whatever else decides to come onto Pandora's Heavy Metal channel while I'm playing.
Reply Quote
simon and garfunkle: the sound of silence, billy joel uptown girl, neil diamond forever in bluejeans, the mamma's and the pappa's: california dreaming, and blackfoot: highway song.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 07:06 PMPosted by AngusMacLure
Weird Al Yankovich

I might have trouble playing Inferno while listening to this.

Depending on how the battle music is, I might want to substitute in some other boss music for Diablo.

Specifically, the boss themes from Etrian Odyssey are all appropriately epic.
Edited by Polaritie#1523 on 5/9/2012 7:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Trance, Vocal Trance, Dubstep, Hardstyle, and really.... most other genres of Electric Dance music.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The best part about the Diablo music is that it's pretty sparse. It makes for a much more dynamic play experience, also giving the music more impact when it builds and crescendos.

Don't get me wrong. I like several bands that play some pretty hard stuff. But even the most diverse and dynamic of those bands won't be substituted in place of the full Diablo sound experience on my first play through. :)

This isn't just a "let the bodies hit the floor" game.
Reply Quote
The best part about the Diablo music is that it's pretty sparse. It makes for a much more dynamic play experience, also giving the music more impact when it builds and crescendos.

Don't get me wrong. I like several bands that play some pretty hard stuff. But even the most diverse and dynamic of those bands won't be substituted in place of the full Diablo sound experience on my first play through. :)

This isn't just a "let the bodies hit the floor" game.

Cant agree more.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNSf_w0Er70

listening to this while playing any game gets me soo amped
Reply Quote
I just wish it was more orchestral like LoD's soundtrack.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]