Diablo® III

I reject your in-game music...

Needs more Grendel. Everything always needs more Grendel. Including Grendel, at times.
Reply Quote
Diabolical Masquerade
Summoning
Immortal
Kampfar
Windir
Burzum
Elffor
Limbonic Art
Old Man's Child
Dimmu Borgir
Dissection

Is that Dumbstep?

Wow just wow. No comment.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 12:09 PMPosted by StillTippin
I can't believe no one has said Children of Bodom.

Amazing saw them in February.
Reply Quote
Yeah I remember those days when I listened to some obscure metal and thought anyone who doesn't was a lesser human.
Then I grew up...

I remember those days when I didn't have a sense of humor and couldn't tell when people were joking.
Then I got one.

Additionally, your logic is terrible. The only thing that can be safely inferred from my comment was that I feel better that more people have the same taste in music that I do (because quite frankly it has been very rare for me to find people that do), I just said it in a hyperbolic and joking manner. And yet somehow you managed to append the additional meaning, entirely on your own, that I think that anyone that DOESN'T listen to metal is a lesser human; which doesn't necessarily follow from my statment. Keep projecting bro.
Edited by Masquerade#1955 on 5/10/2012 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Is that Dumbstep?

This is the Internet. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, everything should be taken as being ironic. And if someone says they're not being ironic, you can be even more certain that they are.
Reply Quote
Del the Funky Homosapien - Mistadoblina on loop.
Reply Quote

This is the Internet. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, everything should be taken as being ironic. And if someone says they're not being ironic, you can be even more certain that they are.

Yeah, but when it comes to music people are act stupid, care later.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
05/10/2012 12:09 PMPosted by StillTippin
I can't believe no one has said Children of Bodom.

I love Bodom.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/10/2012 12:41 PMPosted by TWR
Just curious, I know that Bashiok made a post to the Collector's Edition to not open up the Art book or the Behind the Scenes DVD/Blu-ray, I live in the EDT time zone, is it okay to listen to the soundtrack (maybe, don't look at the titles?) I have to wait three hours until the servers go online :(

Well, the music isn't necessarily going to directly spoil the story for you, but I'd still recommend against listening to the soundtrack before playing through the game.

There are a couple quotes in this article I think speak well to why I say that: http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-meet-diablo-iii-s-sound-team-samples-included-227017.phtml

Joseph Lawrence, Composer / Sound Supervisor:
Some of the music I created for Diablo III definitely incorporates sound design elements. The main thing to remember is that in the end the world ambience and the music have to be able to work in concert to successfully create the mood of the game. In many cases I would have the world ambience file playing back in my music session and doing my composition with that as my back drop in order to facilitate the marriage of music and environment effects.

Derek Duke, Composer / Performer:
Enjoy the game. Play it, and play it. For me, that's where the music is meant to be heard.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Zarhym
Just curious, I know that Bashiok made a post to the Collector's Edition to not open up the Art book or the Behind the Scenes DVD/Blu-ray, I live in the EDT time zone, is it okay to listen to the soundtrack (maybe, don't look at the titles?) I have to wait three hours until the servers go online :(

Well, the music isn't necessarily going to directly spoil the story for you, but I'd still recommend against listening to the soundtrack before playing through the game.

There are a couple quotes in this article I think speak well to why I say that: http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-meet-diablo-iii-s-sound-team-samples-included-227017.phtml

Some of the music I created for Diablo III definitely incorporates sound design elements. The main thing to remember is that in the end the world ambience and the music have to be able to work in concert to successfully create the mood of the game. In many cases I would have the world ambience file playing back in my music session and doing my composition with that as my back drop in order to facilitate the marriage of music and environment effects.

Enjoy the game. Play it, and play it. For me, that's where the music is meant to be heard.

I like the first sample the most, of the three available there :D
Reply Quote
Yes.
Reply Quote
way too much deathcore in this thread

death metal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>deathcore, and that's factual
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Zarhym

Kudos to Laurence Juber on that last sample. True to form of classic Diablo! :)
Edited by ciphernemo#1526 on 5/10/2012 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
44 Tauren Shaman
Benny Hill show theme song, enough said!
Reply Quote
I think through nightmare I'm going to play all old Disney songs while I slaughter countless demons. The dichotomy seems fun to me.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Acaelus
Blind Guardian. And bards shall sing of my exploits.

Demons and Wizards. And bards shall sing of my exploits.
Reply Quote
I'm surprised at how few people say they'll be using TeamSpeak or Skype to voice chat with the other members of their party. In-game music will be more than enough to balance the excited chatter of my friends when we play without adding a cluttered third competing soundscape.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The best part about the Diablo music is that it's pretty sparse. It makes for a much more dynamic play experience, also giving the music more impact when it builds and crescendos.

Don't get me wrong. I like several bands that play some pretty hard stuff. But even the most diverse and dynamic of those bands won't be substituted in place of the full Diablo sound experience on my first play through. :)

This isn't just a "let the bodies hit the floor" game.

it really isn't a bodies hit the floor game... much to slow paced and easy for that .. in norm anyway

perhaps nm will have bodies hitting the floor.. norm ya i'll take weird al; it fits
Reply Quote
I like orchastra music more then mainstream band music, so i'll likely enjoy the diablo 3 music.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]