Diablo® III

I reject your in-game music...

05/13/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Ethereal
Why wouldn't you want to hear the D3 music anyway? it's simply epic

It's okay. I have the D3 OST here and it's nowhere near as good as the D2 music is, and Blizzard seems to know it if you listen to some comments they make in the making of D3 videos.

The D3 music sounds way too much like WoW music with all the LOTR stylings and wailing voices in the background. It sounds nothing like the epic music that was in Diablo 2, at all. The one and only exception is the New Tristram song.

D3 music is not bad by any stretch, but it's nowhere near epic or as good as D2's OST.

yeah unfortunately I have to say this is the case after having listened to the soundtrack about 12 times now

about half of the tracks don't even register they're so generic, and the only one that stands out is new tristram, mainly because of ideas from the first game
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The best part about the Diablo music is that it's pretty sparse. It makes for a much more dynamic play experience, also giving the music more impact when it builds and crescendos.

Don't get me wrong. I like several bands that play some pretty hard stuff. But even the most diverse and dynamic of those bands won't be substituted in place of the full Diablo sound experience on my first play through. :)

This isn't just a "let the bodies hit the floor" game.
Way to go zarhym now i gotta go listen to that song.
Reply Quote
gonna listen to some cocorosie to calm myself
Reply Quote
Motionless in white, motionless in white, motionless in white...um...motionless in white
Reply Quote
Anyone here listen to some melodeath, symphonic metal, or doom metal(edit: also progressive)? I think that a lot of that would fit in well with playing diablo once you don't want to listen to the in game music anymore.

Short list:
Insomnium
Dark Tranquility
Draconian
Katatonia
Ghost Brigade
Noumena
Opeth
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Fractal Gates
Xerath
Swallow the Sun

Also, another sort of music that would fit well is Dark Ambient, specifically Sephiroth.

If you have not heard of this band then you need to look up be'lakor with a list like yours. And anyone else who enjoys melodeath/doom metal. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Reply Quote
Hope to hear more subtle music in the future. It's like killing the final doomboss of death theme song all over the place
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Gorgoroth
Immortal
Dissection
Slayer
Emperor
Decapitated
Mayhem
Death
Lamb of God
Dimmu Borgir
Amon Amarth
Black Label Society (just cuz)
Cannibal Corpse
Deicide
Mastodon
Megadeth
Meshuggah
Melacesh
Satyricon
Taake
Vesania

Thats about 1/8th of my list.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Barrels. duh doi
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]