Diablo® III

I reject your in-game music...

How could u not include Emperor?

but I'll stick to this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfLo-1Sjkr8

Emperor is an acquired taste that I'm still in the process of...uh...acquiring, haha.

Gotta love that classic Tristram though, just played through D1 and D2 in the last couple weeks in preparation myself. The recent play through reminded me why D1 is one of my all time favorite games.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
View profile
05/09/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Gonnaburyyou
Oh hai, I was just headed over to Hot Topic, wanna come?

Now that you mention it, Le Tigre would probably work pretty well, but I usually just prefer to listen to the soundtrack.
Reply Quote
The best part about the Diablo music is that it's pretty sparse. It makes for a much more dynamic play experience, also giving the music more impact when it builds and crescendos.

Don't get me wrong. I like several bands that play some pretty hard stuff. But even the most diverse and dynamic of those bands won't be substituted in place of the full Diablo sound experience on my first play through. :)

This isn't just a "let the bodies hit the floor" game.

To be fair, I don't think any game is a "let the bodies hit the floor" game.
Reply Quote
I will probably have internet radio playing with mostly hard rock/metal:

Pantera
Stereomud
Hurt
Flaw
Black Label Society
Machine Head
10 Years
Sevendust
Slipknot
Five Finger Death Punch
Dio
Black Sabbath
Stemm

Plenty of others...

Too bad Spotify doesn't have Tool or Metallica so I will have to dig through my CDs:(

Also who gives a crap what someone likes? I'll say while I don't usually listen to what the OP listed(though I will listen to some Dimmu Borjir from time to time), I find it tolerable as opposed to most country and pop. At least if anything death or black metal tends to at least have some damn good instrumentation.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
When it comes to dark, gloomy music you just cant beat the original Tristram theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8

It might be my favorite Blizzard song, but there are so many great ones it is hard to choose. I also had a lot of fun killing demons to the Hyperion Overture (a SC2 song) during the beta.
Reply Quote
I'll be sure to refer back to this thread when I feel like I need a new soundtrack.
Reply Quote
Thumbs up for Summoning. Very few seem to know about them anymore.

I also love Dissection, but apparently I'm a bad person because I consider Reinkaos to be their best.
Reply Quote
You like Progressive Metal, and yet hate growling?
I have the band for you, bro, it's called Opeth.

You will be converted into accepting the growling overlords.

Never! Love my progressive metal and insane instrumentals. The only near-growling I've been able to tolerate is from Nightwish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATS5UsFKyNQ
Reply Quote
What is it about metalheads that makes name-dropping their favorite bands irresistible? The world may never know. I must disagree with the blue on this one though. Black and death metal have always gone well with the brutal slaughter of hundreds of demons, I don't care what game you're playing.

Dismember
King Diamond
Dragonland
Amon Amarth
Venom
Marduk
Kreator
Enslaved
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 07:20 PMPosted by CherubDown
I just wish it was more orchestral like LoD's soundtrack.

No man, that gypsy desert music really does accent the game better than orchestral.
Reply Quote
You like Progressive Metal, and yet hate growling?
I have the band for you, bro, it's called Opeth.

You will be converted into accepting the growling overlords.

Never! Love my progressive metal and insane instrumentals. The only near-growling I've been able to tolerate is from Nightwish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATS5UsFKyNQ

Honestly, Opeth are absolutely amazing musicians in general and have a lot of songs that have very little, or no growling whatsoever. Windowpane is a great song, as an example. On the "growl" side, Bleak is probably my favorite.
Reply Quote
After I Do a couple of runs with the ingame music

Nevermore
Outworld
Iced Earth
Blindgaurdian
Dio
3 Inches of Blood
At the Gates
Amon Amarth
etc......
Reply Quote
32 Undead Rogue
The best part about the Diablo music is that it's pretty sparse. It makes for a much more dynamic play experience, also giving the music more impact when it builds and crescendos.

Don't get me wrong. I like several bands that play some pretty hard stuff. But even the most diverse and dynamic of those bands won't be substituted in place of the full Diablo sound experience on my first play through. :)

GET DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS
Reply Quote
Ultimate barbarian music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJv5qLsLYoo

on repeat
Edited by Lilium#2486 on 5/9/2012 7:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 07:44 PMPosted by ciphernemo
The only near-growling I've been able to tolerate is from Nightwish

When I first read "Nightwish" I actually said out loud "WTF is he talking about?!". I'm not a huge Nightwish fan so I haven't heard every song by them. Surprised me a bit with that "near growling".
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Zarhym

Of course it is... If the bodies don't hit the floor, then where does all the good loot come from? :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]