Diablo® III

Can this pc play D3?

85 Troll Hunter
My current laptop won't handle Diablo 3 so i've been talking with a guy about putting together a rig that could handle it and the specifications he gave me were "It will be a rebuilt Dell xps with a core i3 540 cpu, 8 gb ram, 200+ gb SATA HD, DVD/RW and nvidia 260 gtx." My first thought was the 260 gtx is a bit old as my friend used one in 2009. Would this build handle diablo 3? if so, would i be able to run it on at least mid-ish settings? Any advice and help is appreciated.

Oh, the reason for this particular build is because my budget for this desktop (its a desktop, btw) is $400
Edited by Tiemposonido on 5/10/2012 8:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Those are above the recommended specs so yes, should work fine and be able to adjust setting above the lowest.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Priest
its almost the same specs as my old computer, it can handle diablo 3 on medium settings without lag, but anything above that is pushing it. (based on the beta)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Thanks for the quick and detailed responses

Im the OP
Edited by Notizanagi on 5/10/2012 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
try to get a higher nvidia graphics card, 260 is just too old
Reply Quote
if you can get another GTX 260 to build the SLI, they would perform great d3
Edited by Simon#1658 on 5/10/2012 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Warrior
i use a gtx 260 with similar aged/quality hardware and i ran beta with maxed out settings just fine
Reply Quote
I would look at pcpartpicker.com and see what's available piece by piece, do same with what's in that rebuilt (refurbished I assume) PC.

The beta didn't exactly have medium settings, but I ran it on a laptop and it still looked fine in LOW, just turn off clutter and shadows.
Edited by Badfinger#1431 on 5/12/2012 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
GTX 260 will handle D3 very smoothly. Nvidia cards age well.
Reply Quote
d000d, My specs are below yours and I'm using a 260 gtx on my laptop. As ghetto as it sounds, I popped open my laptop and have a fan cooling off my card. HAH! I know, but I have the game running on MAX settings. :p
Reply Quote
For $400, that's a good deal. The GTX 260 might not be modern, but it's far from frumpy. I'd ask which version it is (there were three different ones), but at this point it probably doesn't really matter too much.

A Core i3 540, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, ~250GB hard drive, GTX 260 and most importantly a copy of Windows is a great deal for $400. It might not be modern, but it's more than enough for the game and is quite a fair price.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]