Diablo® III

Deleting Beta files

I have downloaded the live installer, and I wanted to delete the beta files, but to do so without deleting the full-game files. Could someone give instructions how to do so, I think it would be helpful for everyone in the future.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Here you are!

In order to remove Diablo III Beta safely from your system, you will need to:
    1. Navigate Mac HD/Applications directory and move your Diablo III Beta to the Trash
    2. Navigate Mac HD/Users/Shared directory and move the Battle.net folder to the Trash
    3. Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard directory and remove the Diablo III folder
    4. Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences directory and delete any files that begin with com.blizzard

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
2. Navigate Mac HD/Users/Shared directory and move the Battle.net folder to the Trash

Only do this if you are NOT in MoP beta, if you are, ignore number 2 and do this instead

open "Mac HD/Users/Shared/battle.net/Setup/" and delete d3 beta setup folder there
Edited by MysticalOS#1981 on 5/10/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Correct. Thanks for that clarification.

If you do delete it by chance, it will auto build the folders again, so not too much extra steps.

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys. Will follow steps when I get home.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]