Diablo® III

Feats of Strength

I think everyone needs to chill out a bit about these feats of strength.

They aren't meant to be hard to get, or even to be obtainable.

The reasons why no one should be upset about these are at least twofold.

1. They don't do anything
In SC2, I have 3 feats of strength.

I finished in diamond in solo. I finished in diamond in team, and I bought the collector's edition. None of these three feats impacted my ability to play SC2 at all.

I will not be getting the beta feat of strength. No will I get the presumptive collector's edition feat of strength. (Everywhere around me sold out of collector's editions weeks ago)

I don't anticipate my lack of either of these feats of strength impacting my ability to play Diablo 3 at all. Furthermore, I doubt Blizzard will allow these feats of strength to have any in game significance, beyond a possible sigil variant.

These are simply Blizzard's way of acknowledging beta testers.

2. Why should it bother you?

As I mentioned above, in SC2 I have a feat of strength given to me because I have the SC2 CE. Why should this have bothered anyone? It didn't remove anything from anyone's version of SC2. All it did was point out that I had bought the SC2 collector's edition.

Similarly, if Blizzard decided to give feats of strength to beta testers, why should anyone be upset? It doesn't remove any aspect of the game for you. If Blizzard decided to give these beta testers very cool-looking aesthetic artifacts, or worse, in game items which impact gameplay, then you could have a right to be upset. As it stands, there really is no reason to be bothered.

At any rate, I regret if I added more fuel to the fire.

-Anty
Reply Quote
I think whoever doesn't QQ on the forums should get a Feat of Strength and a legendary that scales with level....and maybe an icecream cone
Reply Quote

It is already self-sustaining.
Reply Quote
Read the 120+ page thread before creating an additional one that does or does not, reflect a massive amount of D3 players. Just some friendly advice.
Reply Quote
My main focus about FoS is that people complain about this single one they announced. Where as in WoW there are several that are impossible for everyone to get. How is this any different? FoS aren't made for absolutely everyone to get.

+1 OP
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Slap in da Face!
Reply Quote
Well they should have say it when beta started and not 1 week before release
Reply Quote
i really don't understand this world anymore people just beach about EVERYTHING if they can't get there way they just beach and hope they get what they want i remember when i was young when no body complained about stuff like this now its like if someone gets something speical for helping ppl gotta beach untill they get it...... like Call of Duty for an example FPS games use to be just you..your gun and ur skill now its not now a very $hitty player can be good cuz babies can't handle the fact they gotta learn to get better..... yeah what i just said has nothing to do with this FoS crap but still ppl just beach over the most dumbest things ever and im getting the FoS yeah but does it really matter???? no it don't its just a sigil....... like really???? u gonna beach over a freaking little picture for a banner that doesnt even matter other then to show off........

this world needs to just grow up i dont know wtf happened but everyone seems to think there speical and only them and sadly this isnt even just for gaming its for everything -.- can't stand these ppl anymore

(this was for an another thread that just so happened to get deleted after i typed all of this out... lol)
Reply Quote

It is already self-sustaining.

The Diablo 3 community has figured out perpetual energy. We are all geniuses.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 08:35 PMPosted by TempestFatum
Read the 120+ page thread before creating an additional one that does or does not, reflect a massive amount of D3 players. Just some friendly advice.

And you think that thread represents a massive amount of D3 players? There's maybe a couple hundred different people involved in that entire thread out of the millions of future players. Most people don't give a darn either way, or don't care enough to post. Both sides in this argument are nothing more than vocal minorities.
Reply Quote
^ i agree, i've got lots of feats of strength on wow and I dont see people on the wow forums complaing about feats of str. complainers are just being babies. feats of str don't even show up as you "missing" them or anything they are just there if you have them. people are just bored me thinks. I guess i should make a thread complaining about collector's edition FoS since i'm sure it will have one. and i'm not getting it. (all my wow collector's editions (i have them all) had one) I honestly wished they wouldn't have announced it and just gave them out ingame anyways on release day.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 08:34 PMPosted by haticK
I think whoever doesn't QQ on the forums should get a Feat of Strength and a legendary that scales with level....and maybe an icecream cone

The people who aren't complaining would get rewarded, while those who do complain then get a noticeable detriment to their gaming experience.

While it would be funny for awhile, it would lose it's humor when Blizz's servers crash from the amount of "W T F" being typed...
Reply Quote
you seem to be missing why they are upset. they was upset they was looked over for beta invites. they been unhappy about this . but now the people who was already lucky enough to play beta get some kinda second reward. that is whats setting them off. because they feel the people playing beta already got the award of getting to play beta. so now they want to give them yet another bonus while these no beta people still have gotten nothing. so in there eyes 2 bonus for 1 group while they got nothing

the whole stupid lil icons in game are so stupid to me. but blizzard created this mess when they brought all these lil achievement icon into the game. people want them all

it is all meaningless to me but it is not hard to see where they are coming from
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]