Diablo® III

2 one-handers or 1, 2-hander?

85 Human Paladin
Which should i use?
Reply Quote
depend on your skill, if you have alot cool down skill use 2 hander (stronger), if channel use 2 one handers (faster), two one handers need to around the same.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Community correct me if I'm wrong here.

Two handers have higher weapon damage ranges, meaning special attacks will hit harder.
Two one handers hit more often but special attacks hit for less (you do the same number of special attacks).

Essentially it comes down to effects like "on hit" and the scaling of special attacks to determine.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I don't have that part figured out yet. >.<
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Ambisagrus
Which should i use?

use your brain and make a decision without 3rd party input! there's no right or wrong answer!
Reply Quote
Whichever cool drop you most recently got.
Reply Quote
With 2 one handers you hit faster and can thus generate fury faster to use your spenders more often, however your spenders will do less damage.

The times when it will make a difference are with skills like rend/revenge/overpower/earthquake basically anything with a cd or that cannot be used over and over and over again as long as you have fury for it. Skills like these benefit most from big slow 2 handers because they aren't based on weapon speed. If you have a bunch of these in your build you will probably get more mileage from a 2 hander.

The benefits of dual wielding are that you generally have less overkill, making you more efficient.

An example of this would be if when dual wielding you hit for 100 damage and you can make 10 attacks in 4 seconds while a big 2 hander with the same dps does 250 damage per hit and hits 4 times in 4 seconds.
So if both are attacking a guy with 550 life the guy dual wielding will kill him in 6 hits (about 2.3 seconds) the guy with the 2 hander will kill him in 3 hits (3 seconds).

Like Terealgor said the other advantage fast weapons have is with 'on hit' or 'on crit' effects. The more often you hit the more chances you have to proc these abilities. Examples of these would be the rune smite on frenzy, birthright on HotA, stagger on seismic slam, and the last 4 runes on battle rage.

Hope that helped.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Thanks so much all of you. Especially Fellspar. Cant wait till tuesday. Cya all then
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Chito
Whichever cool drop you most recently got.

pretty much this... don't worry so much in the beginning, just use the best stuff that comes your way.
Reply Quote
Dual wield, in beta I did so much more dog, and two handers were just too slow for me.
But I can see if one would like to go 2h, or S/B
Reply Quote
Dual wield also gains greater affect from +min and +max weapon damage bonuses from other pieces of gear.
Reply Quote
Depending on whatever weapon is kooler. Its all about feeling like a beast while slaughtering demons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]