Diablo® III

Upgrading from Digital to Collector's

Hopefully someone can clarify this for me.
"Alternatively, you can get the digital version now, play right at midnight, overwrite your license with your CE when you pick it up, and then contact our support department. In most situations they'll be able to grant you a new standard key, which you can then give to a friend, or whatever. "
This was taken from a post by Bashiok here (http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/218979-any-way-for-ce-buyers-to-pre-install/#post24)

I would like to know if this is actually possible before making the purchase as I have a Collectors Edition being shipped sometime during or after the 15th and do not want to miss out on the midnight release. My plan is to buy the Digital edition to play at launch and when the CE arrives, upgrade my account and have my standard key either refunded or swapped for a fresh standard key to gift to someone.
Reply Quote
Same here, but I've heard of someone saying the digital edition could be refundable (which I doubt).
Anyway, having a new key would be fine with me, as long as I can play from the very beginning!

An official response would be quite appreciated! TIA
Reply Quote
I've sent in a ticket to Blizzard Support regarding the matter and here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/Ua7gt.jpg

Basically, if you aren't on the Annual Pass, you may or may not be SOL. There won't be an answer until release. :(
Reply Quote
Most likely, as Bashiok pointed out, after you overwrite your digital CD-key with the CE key, your account is upgraded with the CE items. Then you can contact CS and they may or may not be able to refund your digital key. Apparently, that's not set in stone yet.

Keep in mind, Blizzard CS is going to be absolutely slammed on the 15th, so have a little patience.
Reply Quote
I bought the DD but I want to get the CE instead. But I don't want to pay twice! Blue poster please assuage our cries and let us know if there is a way to either just pay the difference or if we can get a refund on the DD when we buy the CE.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]