Diablo® III

HotA Skill

Hammer of the Ancients - Birthright Rune - Critical Hits have a 10% chance to cause enemies to drop treasure or health globes.

What does "treasure" entail? Does this mean any item in game or just petty drops.
Does critical hits "mark" the target or does it have to be the killing blow to be rewarded such?
Reply Quote
Im pretty sure it refers to any critical hit causing the target to be struck so hard they drop loot. Now I'm also very sure that 'treasure' stands for a random loot roll. Probably similiar in odds to that of Find Item in D2 where you normally get some gold or a potion but on rare occasions get something nice.
Reply Quote
I don't believe that information is out yet.

My assumptions are that when you crit with birthright you have a 1 in 10 chance for the mob to roll on a normal loot table for their lvl. Possibly it works different with champ/boss mobs but I don't think they would let you have possibly multiple rolls of a boss's loot table.

I think Grim harvest on threatening shout is more in line with what you are talking about as far as marking a target goes and that if the enemy dies while affected by grim harvest then they have a chance to drop extra treasure.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Valdez
Im pretty sure it refers to any critical hit causing the target to be struck so hard they drop loot. Now I'm also very sure that 'treasure' stands for a random loot roll. Probably similiar in odds to that of Find Item in D2 where you normally get some gold or a potion but on rare occasions get something nice.

Could be. But if so they'd need some cap there. Maybe that it only works once per enemy.
Else you could equip a lvl 1 gray sword and repeatedly critfarm that inferno mob.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]