Diablo® III

Question about the game install

90 Pandaren Hunter
So this Might be a very stupid question so I apologize in advance.

My internet service is appalling so I wanted to know, does the 15 gig install go by our internet speed? Such as the downloader does, or is it just a fixed action.

I need to know so I can go to a friends during day to install it or not.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Anyone? :s
Reply Quote
Download speed would be limited by your ISP's maximum that is set for your line (i.e cable).

Though if its going very slowly via the Blizzard Downloader, you can disable P2P and download it directly from blizzard, I got speeds of up to 1.3mb/sec.

Just be sure to look into the options when you load the Downloader, I think its under preferences or somthing, or connection settings..

Should easily download & install within say 3 hours with a decent connection.
Edited by GoldX#1933 on 5/10/2012 11:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Well I just wanted to know if our download speed will affect our installation of the game, or if its at a fixed rate.
Reply Quote
The installation of the game depends on your computer, not Internet Speed.

Your Internet Speed Only effects how fast you download the games setup files, in that case all the game setup files total 7.6gigabytes of space (took me about 4-5 hours on a 6Mbs connection doing P2P). The install is just like installing Microsoft Office, however good your CPU/RAM/Disc drive depends how long it will take to install the game.
Reply Quote
I downloaded the setup files at 11mb/s and it took me about an hour to an hour and a half. The install depends on how fast your computer is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]