Diablo® III

Price clarification

Hi,

I was wondering if a blizzard representative could explain why the digital version in AUD is more expensive than the RRP from other retail stores like JB or Big W? Their prices where about the same before compared to the digital version and now they dropped them but I believe most of us already bought the digital copy. Thanks.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Unfortunally you prob won't get an answer on this. Blizzard only set the RRP for the game(which is $89) its up to the stores themselves what price they sell the game for.

All stores have the RRP but always sell below that price to be competitive.

Just remember the price stores like JB and Big W are selling for is NOT the RRP its their 'special' price.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yeah retail store pays less than RRP by a fair amount and so as long as they make a profit they are happy so they try to undercut each other and Blizz.
Reply Quote
Blizzard don't reply to difficult questions.
Reply Quote
I know here in NZ, JB HIFI sell games at a loss most of the time. They act as items to get people in the store to buy bigger things (TVs, computers, gadgets). So that could explain very simply why the digital version is more expensive. If you regularly use JB to buy games because they're cheap, chances are you're going to go to them to buy a TV or a laptop because you have this 'understanding' that they are the 'cheapest'.

Like supermarkets will sell alcohol at a loss, because people end up buying chips and softdrinks at the same time which is where they make most of their profit.
Edited by RetardoBot#6427 on 5/11/2012 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Dicksmith has a launch price of $69 for standard D3
Reply Quote
Answer here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4175831408?page=26#501

This is also true for Steam.
Reply Quote
Here's another one. It seems to me that the only people who are surprised about pricing are the ones who don't pay their own bills.
http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3236816.htm
Reply Quote
This is an easy question to reply

Ans:

Physical retailers be it EBgames, Amazon, Walmart, Kmart. etc are only willing to carry and sell the product (Diablo 3 in this case) only if Blizzard does not undercut them.

If you are the manager of Walmart, would you agree to help Blizzard sell their games if you know Blizzard is selling them for less than you, thus stealing business away from you?

That is why Blizzard has to sell at the Recommended Retail Price, whilst retailers are free to sell below that (lowering their margins)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]