Diablo® III

upgrading my video card...

55 Orc Death Knight
Hey guys i got a Geforce 9600 GT and i want to upgrade what should i get ? should i use my old and a new or only a new....how it work ???

and am looking for something decent for D3, no lag and fair graphics am not on a budget but i don't have 999$ for a GTX690 loll

Thanks !
Reply Quote
51 Night Elf Rogue
Copy / Paste.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
What is your CPU?
In addition, what is your power supply (company name / rated watts)?
Reply Quote
in order to make the most informed suggestion on your upgrade we first need all the specs of your current computer.

The biggest things that matter are
- what is your budget
- what is the brand and wattage of your PSU
- other useful information is CPU type and native resolution of you monitor.

With out knowing the capabilities of you PSU you may create more problem buy having too much power draw.

With out knowing your CPU specs you may get a better Graphics card but it will not make a difference because your CPU will not be able to keep up with it.

With out knowing your budget we will just be shooting into the wind hoping we are being helpful

Knowing all the above information will allow us to make an informed decision that best fits your needs. I suspect that you will need beefier power as many OEM machines have PSU's that can not actually handle their rated power output. Also you want to stay less then 70% of your power rating for efficient power usage. As you get higher in saturation your power supply will start using more AC power to make the conversion to DC costing your more money on the electric bill.
Reply Quote
51 Night Elf Rogue
This is from his other post.

AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-core2.21 GHz,
2.00 Gb RAM
Geforce 9600 GT on windows xp family edition 2002

Nothing posted about psu though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Seeing the OP's system, it is probably a lot better to get a new computer, but reuse the graphics card, hard drive, and DVD (assuming they are of standard form-factor, SATA interface).

CPU is way too weak.
Reply Quote
Well, upgrade the CPU to a better one for that slot type, bump the RAM to at least 4 gig, but 8 is better and $50 at most, then probably get by with a $60 PSU and video card wise, if $250 or so is ok, get a Radeon 7850 or Nvidia 560 Ti - 448 core or a 570, for a huge leap either way.

So yeah, it's a likely $500+ upgrade or start over. 8) MAKE YOUR CHOICE! (Saw voice)

pcpartpicker.com to nitpick parts.

...and if not much for tooling around inside PCs, get a new one.... Just don't grab a $300 box at Walmart and expect it to be adequate, it won't.... garbage video in all those, that your old 9600GT is probably better than....
Edited by Badfinger#1431 on 5/12/2012 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]