Diablo® III

Surgery.

Same thing happened to me. I had one Vicodin that night so I could sleep, and then I was fine after that with no pain meds at all. Either that, or the pain I was in before had reset my expectations so the pain after wasn't nearly as bad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
My advice is to take painkillers and sleep the rest of the day. Set your alarm clock. Make sure you stock up on Slim-Fast and ice cream, since those are about the only things you'll be able to "eat". Other than that, you should be good to go.

When I got all 4 of mine pulled (they were abcesed and beginning to wind under my jaw, it hurt for the first week, but then the pain subsided. Remember, straws and painkillers are your friends :P
Reply Quote
My advice is to take painkillers and sleep the rest of the day. Set your alarm clock. Make sure you stock up on Slim-Fast and ice cream, since those are about the only things you'll be able to "eat". Other than that, you should be good to go.

When I got all 4 of mine pulled (they were abcesed and beginning to wind under my jaw, it hurt for the first week, but then the pain subsided. Remember, straws and painkillers are your friends :P

NO STRAWS. You can suck debris into your holes, or potential suck out your stitches. The DDS should tell you then when you get your post-op instructions.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
When I had out all 4 of my wisdom teeth in one visit they gave me IV sedation (I think I had to request it. Trust me it rocks. Didn't feel a thing.). I only took a single Hydrocodone afterward as a precaution. I had no serious pain in the ensuing days. Just a little sore.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue

NO STRAWS. You can suck debris into your holes, or potential suck out your stitches. The DDS should tell you then when you get your post-op instructions.

I was told straws were perfectly fine. I guess it depends on who you talk to.
Reply Quote
I honestly think its different for everyone, on how they recover.

Me...I recovered..the retarded way as my surgeon stated.

Got all 4 removed and 2 were compacted, had surgery that morning. Later that day after taking the vicadin she scripted for me, i went to a bbq had some beers ate some soft food and had a wonderful time.

Proceeded to drink and eat my way to a fine recovery and upon my first checkup she said i was recovering so fast and was asking how much rest i was getting. I told her...the look on her face was dumbfounded and i smiled and said thanks for everything Doc and walked away. =)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I had my wisdom teeth removed a while back.
I had to raid the very next night while I was suffering from codeine poisoning from the pain medications they put me on. I was literally sitting there puking into a bucket while killing Ragnaros.

Wisdom Teeth isn't a huge deal - You'll be fine.
Just make sure you're not allergic or unable to handle the pain medications they put you on afterwards and you'll be fine.

(I stopped taking the medications 3 days after because I literally couldn't eat or drink due to the medicine. The pain wasn't bad at all - Just a mild "hot" sharpness. I have low pain tolerance too so you might not notice it at all.)
Reply Quote
Beer and good times is all you need to recover, no joke man. also..rince with salt water...even in my intoxicated state..still remembered. helps a ton!
Reply Quote
1) what kind of a nerd puts a video game before his health?
2) what kind of a sissy QQ's about wisdom teeth. I had all 4 taken out at 10am and went and had a giant burger at 5pm.

Man up.
Reply Quote
I didn't need any painkillers after getting my wisdoms removed past the first day.

But we all deal with pain differently
Reply Quote
Trust me, get the surgery done; short term pain, long term gain. And trust me, I think you'll have no problem catching up if you don't play a couple hours because of the pain.

But you sound like a Zealot for the D3 cause so I wouldn't worry about it, I think you'll find the strength to play :D

Good luck!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Get your tongue pierced right after the surgery, that will take your mind off the wisdom teeth.

I jest.
Reply Quote
I can tell you I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at the same time and I managed to grab one of the nicest breasts before I passed out with the local.

You'll be fine to play. I didn't even need the pain meds they provided. Make sure you have a good dental surgeon. I went to work the next day.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
When I was a teen I got my 4 wisdom teeth removed and they put me to sleep for the surgery, then when I wake up I was at home seated on the sofa with absolutly no memory of the 2 hour drive from the dentist office to my home!

From what my mom tell me they wake me up after the surgery and I was stone during the whole trip home :)

One day i need to find what was the stuff they used to put me to sleep :P
Reply Quote
So this may seem sad to some people but i will go ahead and explain anyway.

So about two weeks ago my wisdom tooth started to hurt really bad ( i had cracked it 3 weeks prior) like an idiot i put off the appointment.

I finally went to the dentist and was left with a decision. Either i get surgery on the 14th to get all 4 wisdom teeth removed. Or i wait 1 month in very bad pain.

It took me about 2 days to decide what i wanted to do. Do i get surgery the day before my favorite game of all time is released, maybe making it so i cant play? Or do i schedule the appointment on june 15th, and suffer in pain for over a month. I had to pick the 14th of may.

So my question is, do you think i will be ok to play for 3am release. Im not going to be on any pain killers as i am a puss and cannot take just one of them. Please respond if you have any experience with oral surgery in general.

I will be so sad to miss out on one of the most important things in my life.

playing diablo would be the BEST thing to do after getting wisdom teeth pulled.. when I got mine pulled like 5 years ago all I did was play WoW all day
Reply Quote
Wisdom teeth aren't terrible stuff. It sucks, but it hurts a little and having D3 to play will probably make you ignore the hurt.

I do that !@#$ all the time for migraines. Mine don't get worse from flashes and light, they're just so bad they make me puke my guts out a couple times a month. What do I do? Bury my head in something fun and distracting, and hours later my headache has gone away on its own.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Shaman
Can I have your pills?
Reply Quote
View profile
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed in one day, there was a ton of swelling but it's fine.

It's not like they are going to open up your chest and perform heart surgery without painkillers.
Reply Quote
I have 3 wisdom teeth and they are crowding my mouth. Occasionally, they will cause pain, but they are so close to my other teeth, there's no real gap between them for stuff to get stuck. I've had them like this for nearly 6 years now. I hope I won't ever need to get them removed....people look like chipmunks for days after removal.

That being said, if I do have to get them removed, I'd probably use that as an excuse to spend the following days doing whippets (nitrous oxide), haha.
Reply Quote
So this may seem sad to some people but i will go ahead and explain anyway.

So about two weeks ago my wisdom tooth started to hurt really bad ( i had cracked it 3 weeks prior) like an idiot i put off the appointment.

I finally went to the dentist and was left with a decision. Either i get surgery on the 14th to get all 4 wisdom teeth removed. Or i wait 1 month in very bad pain.

It took me about 2 days to decide what i wanted to do. Do i get surgery the day before my favorite game of all time is released, maybe making it so i cant play? Or do i schedule the appointment on june 15th, and suffer in pain for over a month. I had to pick the 14th of may.

So my question is, do you think i will be ok to play for 3am release. Im not going to be on any pain killers as i am a puss and cannot take just one of them. Please respond if you have any experience with oral surgery in general.

I will be so sad to miss out on one of the most important things in my life.

Once the medicine wears of your worst enemy will be a dry socket, that's just pain, won't actually affect gameplay, if anything it will just bring the realism factor. No straws, no smoking keep your tongue away from the holes as the heal and take 800mg of Ibprofen every 6 hours. Life will be good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]