Diablo® III

Third Time Downloading

Not in Beta, just pre-loading the game.

Each time I download, I get to the 7.60gb mark and then it doesn't do anything for hours. So I click cancel, and the program appears to close. I then run the installer again and nothing happens. So I check what processes are running, and sure enough, it claims a version of the installer is still running. So I close that process and start the download again, and it gets all the way to 7.60gb and freezes.

What's up!?

I'm on Comcast, meaning I have extremely limited bandwidth per month (200gb I believe), so I can't just download 7.6gb files over and over and over...

Running Windows 7 btw...
Edited by Breadman#1755 on 5/11/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Breadman, don't click Cancel. Just let it run, or continue its job until you see an Install screen. Then you'll be ready to install come Monday.

When the download is complete, if you check in the Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer folder, there should be no Installer Tome.part files.
Reply Quote
I have this same problem.

How long am I supposed to "let it run"?

It's been at 7.60 GB of 7.60 GB while saying "Downloading Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" for over an hour now with nothing else happening.

It says it's "done" (I'm assuming 7.60 of 7.60 means done) but Installer Tome 2 and 3 are both still "part" files.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
JokerSmilez,

Open the View Connection Info tab and see if it's still actively downloading. It may be trickling in still. Letting it finish on it's own is best. If you do cancel it and it still has .part files, re-run the installer making sure you select the same parent folder so it'll pick up where it left off. If it stalls again at the same point, delete the .part files and re-run it. It will have to download a fairly large chuck again but it may finish if those files were corrupted.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]