Diablo® III

Why no SEA General Discussion?

88 Goblin Death Knight
05/11/2012 11:46 PMPosted by AldenTanek
Are you crying now because I pointed out you don't have a South East Asia forum? Riiight. Grow some balls.

This guy got rocks in his head or something ?
Reply Quote
Why is everyone getting all upset at the "not allowed non-English speaking people here" remark?

Jesus, talk about knee-jerk reactions. It's got nothing to do with race, it's simply to do with not being able to admin a forum where admins can't actually understand what is being spoken.

Imagine if a couple of people who speak Hindi started dropping a few posts in this thread? An admin has no idea if they're being polite and adding to the discussion or whether or not they're trying to evade some of the rules.

That's how I see the reasoning behind it.
Reply Quote
o.O I think this is all getting a bit out of hand. I didn't want to provoke anything - just wanted to find out why there was no SEA subforum. I guess Blizzard have their own reasons for doing this and I was just curious.

I don't think AldenTanek is being racist - he has a point that everyone should and be able to converse in the same lingo in the forum and I respect his opinion; it makes sense. But it might come off a bit ignorant and offensive to suggest that SEA is so backward that people there can't speak English. I also understand where Deadskillz is coming from in that sense.

Blizzard took a decision and another possible reason might be that the game has an official distributor in SEA - perhaps they were hoping the distributor would provide a forum for SEA players. Another possibility would be that the regions weren't divided and for all we know, perhaps they originally planned for SEA to have their own region. I don't know.

Whatever it is, the time for arguing has passed. We should all unite in fighting Diablo and whatever lesser/prime evils are coming. I hope to see all of you on Battlenet one day.
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Death Knight
o.O I think this is all getting a bit out of hand. I didn't want to provoke anything - just wanted to find out why there was no SEA subforum. I guess Blizzard have their own reasons for doing this and I was just curious.

I don't think AldenTanek is being racist - he has a point that everyone should and be able to converse in the same lingo in the forum and I respect his opinion; it makes sense. But it might come off a bit ignorant and offensive to suggest that SEA is so backward that people there can't speak English. I also understand where Deadskillz is coming from in that sense.

Blizzard took a decision and another possible reason might be that the game has an official distributor in SEA - perhaps they were hoping the distributor would provide a forum for SEA players. Another possibility would be that the regions weren't divided and for all we know, perhaps they originally planned for SEA to have their own region. I don't know.

Whatever it is, the time for arguing has passed. We should all unite in fighting Diablo and whatever lesser/prime evils are coming. I hope to see all of you on Battlenet one day.

Amen buddy. Look , because of his poor format on wording to answer your question it came off the wrong way . People should just think about what they say before saying it . Azri , Sorry bout the sh1t fight buddy .
Reply Quote
_b
Reply Quote
I'm sooo tired of the whole patriotism being mistaken for nationalism(racism). I'm American and live in queensland. In my opinion Aussies speak more basely and have a much more broken slang than the gangsters of the inner cities in the states.

Aussie translation:

I'll be buggered those boat blokes and wogs are such a worry. I'm a yankee that's on the dole in oz. I'll reckon you speak like a gypsie and a bogan. Like the feral jackeroo's. Have a g'day mate and cya at the pub maybe you'll find an abo to bash.

You know, I've been living in Australia for the past 21 years and have never heard anyone speak like that.

Where'd your degree get you? The coal mines?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tatl1PBYim4
Queensland trains. There you'll see the worst of people there. But that kind of talk happens all too often.
Reply Quote
Queensland trains. There you'll see the worst of people there. But that kind of talk happens all too often.

Bahaha, I loved the remix version on the bottom. The one with the pink writing.
Reply Quote

Oh wow. That's sad =/ Did you guys watch the one with Woolworths? :(
Reply Quote
Actually for asia player, especially those who know chinese, they are at here http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/forum/
But i do hope there is a place for malaysian and singaporian for chatting, btw I'm a malaysian, staying in Negeri Sembilan ;D
Reply Quote
Does it really matter what Blizz name the subforums?

I'm Malaysian and have been visiting the Aussie/NZ forums here because I can find people who play the same time as me. I've live in Perth for a few years and Malaysian time is identical to Perth time zone, plus I play with some Aussie friends at night.

Azri, if you want to chat with people in Malaysia/Singapore just go to the lowyat forums.

That comment about language barrier holds no water, people can just use Google translate. I've posted in Russian forums using Google translate asking for technical non-gaming stuff and it does an adequate job, though not perfect.
Edited by jtcdgroup#6797 on 3/12/2013 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]