Diablo® III

In Game Griswold like ...

85 Troll Warrior
One 15th of May I will just be in town leveling my blacksmith while my other real life friends pump me gold. Ideally I will be level 10 in less than 24 hours. If you want me to craft something for you I can do it for you for Blacksmith Tier x 100g + Cost.

Example Resplendent Espaliers Cost to make is 12.210 And Materials 15 Wishful Essence, 3 Encrusted Hoof and 4 Tome of blacksmith and since it is tier 7 Blacksmith just a crafting fee of 700g.

This will help all of us as a community progress faster so instead of having to spend money to train your blacksmith you can just spend it on the materials and let me craft it for you. Better items = better survivability and Better farming.

I will however only be playing hardcore. So This service will only be in hardcore.

The good thing is my character will not be adventuring so you are free to disturb me and pm me any time and come my game to craft any-time without worrying that I'm adventuring or making my mobs harder.

Please reply to this thread for any discussion and question.
Reply Quote
So you're not going to be playing through the story on the 15th at all? Wow dedicated!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Im playing Lan with the guys, so i can watch the stroy from their screen

Im basicly doing it to make sure they have the gear once they hit that bit.

IN D2 I used the horadic cube and 3 chips to try and make CCB for my barb friends while they pump me stuff to trade the chips with.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
i dont see the advantage of this - unless you expect to be busy with people wanting stuff crafted?

I still think you would get more gold if you actually killed monsters aswell and just used all you money for the blacksmith level up.
Reply Quote
I often wonder if video games are wasted on people who employ tactics like this.

It sounds like you may as well be an accountant, playing the numbers game if that's all you care about.
Reply Quote
You realise the higher tiers to level up the blacksmith, require plans from Hell/Inferno etc?

Well, that's what I read XD

It's not just gold cost.. :(
Reply Quote
What Sharpdeath said, you need:
Crafting mats from Nightmare for levels 5&6
mats from Hell for levels 7&8
Mats from Inferno for 9&10

Won't be less than 24hrs in SC, let alone Hardcore
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Even if i can't do it in 24 hours then i want to be the first :)

and the gold i get will be used to buy from you adventures that are clearing inferno act 1 . Like The Blacksmith's wife run. The irony :p

One can dream..

You dream of killing demons, i dream of making weapons that will achieve that goal

Ps.. i am an accountant in real life. Numbers make time go faster :)
Reply Quote
93 Tauren Druid
Would you trust my druid then? :p

Im not trolling.. I want to monitor the Trade chat as well. I just want to be able to convert something the community gets into something the community needs. Ill be spamming in the trade channel as well. But the Wait for the game is killing me.
Reply Quote
93 Tauren Druid
i dont see the advantage of this - unless you expect to be busy with people wanting stuff crafted?

I still think you would get more gold if you actually killed monsters aswell and just used all you money for the blacksmith level up.

That's why im trying to be more busy now before the game is open to try and gain more market share. I'm aus based so 5pm - 5am is an easy 12 hours that i can do.

I can still get gold from going in to my friend's game just before they kill the boss and get the act clear gold and exp. Its not much but its a bit of gold.
Reply Quote
first shmirst....

boring!
Reply Quote
You know their isn't public trade channels like wow in D3 right?

I mean yes their is chat but its not when your ingame like in wow its channels on character select and such.

Just saying your not going to have allot of luck 'spamming trade'.

Also if your friends are lvl 50 finishing a act and you join as a lvl1 that increases the bosses hp by 75% thats going to be harsh on them just for you to get a tiny amount of exp just saying.

I do wish you luck and the idea is sound, I just don't think its going to be as easy as you think, I think it would be quicker for you if you lvled along with your friends and had them funnel you gold/items still instead of just waiting for them to give you stuff.
Reply Quote
This is absolutely pointless. staying in town just leveling your blacksmith. all it costs is gold and materials u can get while lvling, and stock pile your friends items to scrap, and it takes about 5 mins.. if that a lvl. u can easy farm gold items/ progress and then hit the town for 5 mins and make ur items and lvl ur black smith. seriously OP you my friend are stupid.
Edited by PressESC#1547 on 5/13/2012 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I honestly believe their is simply too much down time for this strategy to be worth it. Crafting takes seconds provided you have the gold and mats - so you are muich better running with your mates, helping them kill stuff, getting your gold and item drops and then at the times when you have to come back to town (due to quest or full inventory) - selling all your stuff and then using your gold to level blacksmithing.

Then once you have dumped all the gold in blacksmithing, go back out with your mates and help clear/loot.

Can i be 100% positive that your idea wont work? Nope, but i'm pretty sure it wont. There are a few reasons.

1) People wont want crafted stuff right at the start - its over level 13 when the first rare item can be crafted and that is when people are going to start wanting stuff (thats a good few hours playing)

2) If people arent fussed about saving gold themselves, they will simply level their own blacksmith as the cost of blacksmithing is not much when you look relatively to the gold you earn. Sure in the beta when you are stuck at level 7 enemies, it took a while to save gold but when players are killing the correct level monsters, the gold drops will be more and hence blacksmithing easier to level

3) To get you to craft an item, they need to leave their game, join your game, get it crafted (hope its useful) then return back to their game - that is a bit of an inconvinience :)

So my personal opinion is just use all your gold to level blacksmithing, but there wont be enough for you to do to simply be able to sit in town the whole time twiddling your thumbs - hlep your mates kill / loot and then simply spend all your gold on blacksmithing.
Reply Quote
Personally I wouldn't trust a random to craft for me. I don't remember from open beta, because I didn't pay attention, but does it post to chat what you crafted, including stats? If not, then all a stranger has to do is craft 1 thing for themselves, if it's worthless, they then advertise to craft for someone else. That person comes in, gives them mats, gets something crafted, and the crafter gives them whichever piece of gear is worse. They can keep doing this until they get the item they wanted crafted with the stats they wanted.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Thats a good plan Cham :)

I know it showed in your own chat window what you crafted but unsure if that went global to the others in the group.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]