Diablo® III

Collector's Edition and Pre-Download/Install

100 Blood Elf Rogue
I haven't seen an answer to this and it's possible I missed it. Anyway...

I have pre-ordered a CE. However, I can, of course, still download the installer from Blizzard's website.

What I want to know is this: Can I install the game from the downloaded installer and then add my CE key to my battle.net account, log in, and be good for getting the in-game CE items? Or, do I have to specifically install the game from the install disc that comes with the CE package?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Eriania, there's no difference between the installer on our website, and the Collector's edition disc. Once you add your Collector's edition authentication key to your Battle.net account, the Collector's edition content will be unlocked.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Thanks!
Reply Quote
Same situation, but I would like further clarification if possible.

I have downloaded the Standard client from the annual pass agreement. Once the CE key is entered, does it simply open the content on the existing account/characters, or does it create a "new" instance of the game on the account, wiping any characters and theoretically "starting over."

Also, If I begin playing from the downloaded client, then enter CE key...will I still get the 4 months added to my WOW account. Or do I need to wait and play using the CE only. Does downloading and starting the game with the client mess up anything with the automated "refund" once the CE is added? (I hope that makes sense...not sure the best way to word it).
Edited by Sissyneck#1194 on 5/13/2012 8:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am still not finding any confirmation to my question above, anyone know?
Reply Quote
63 Goblin Warrior
Same situation, but I would like further clarification if possible.

I have downloaded the Standard client from the annual pass agreement. Once the CE key is entered, does it simply open the content on the existing account/characters, or does it create a "new" instance of the game on the account, wiping any characters and theoretically "starting over."

Also, If I begin playing from the downloaded client, then enter CE key...will I still get the 4 months added to my WOW account. Or do I need to wait and play using the CE only. Does downloading and starting the game with the client mess up anything with the automated "refund" once the CE is added? (I hope that makes sense...not sure the best way to word it).

I am in the same boat. I would like to know if I can start on the Annual Pass, then add the CE later, or if that will end up creating a second account and I should just wait.
Reply Quote
I am in the same boat. I would like to know if I can start on the Annual Pass, then add the CE later, or if that will end up creating a second account and I should just wait.

You can start on the annual pass, and upgrade to the CE. You can only have one diablo3 account per battle.net account, so it will not give you another diablo3. If you're under annual pass and add CE, you will get 4 months of game time added to your account. If you actually bought Diablo3, then upgrade to CE, you can call customer service to get a new Diablo3 CD-key for the one you lose from upgrading.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Thanks, Smrg! I was looking around for this information for the last hour. Kudos.
Reply Quote
Yes, thank you for the responses!
Reply Quote
Another situation which I think differs from the previous posts, I do not have the annual pass, just the CE pre ordered which I'll be picking up 8am tuesday morning. I'm downloading the starter edition now, with that will I just be able to add my key and be good to go? Also from what I've read I'm not sure how I'm able to download the starter client, perhaps because I participated in the beta? Thanks.
Edited by codo#1395 on 5/13/2012 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]