Diablo® III

Choose Your Correct Region

Community Manager
As Global Play will be disabled until after the game launches in all regions, it's important that you choose your account's correct region when attempting to play the game. If you do not select your correct region, your login attempt will be denied, and you will not be able to connect.

To choose your correct region:
  • At the log in screen click on Options
  • Choose the Account tab
  • Select your correct region in the Region drop down

Ensuring your correct region is selected, attempt logging in again, and watch the breaking news window for additional service information.
Edited by Lylirra on 5/11/2012 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Good to know, thanks
Reply Quote
OK then. Thanks!
Reply Quote
After global play is enabled, we can choose different regions? Or will regions not even be necessary?
Reply Quote
Thanks for the heads-up, Bashiok. Quick question: Can we take a character created on one region's server and play it on another once Global Play is enabled?
Edited by Ambrose#1183 on 5/11/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/11/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Ambrose
Thanks for the heads-up, Bashiok. Quick question: Can we take a character created on one region's server and play it on another once Global Play is enabled?

Can help you out on that one, answer is nope..
Reply Quote
No, it was stated you cannot do this.
Reply Quote
Is this in the game or on battlenet (bnet says global, but there's no option for region)
Reply Quote
05/11/2012 01:06 PMPosted by HotSauce
US is last to launch, yes? So at 3am EST I can go euro server if I want?

All regions are launching at the exact same time. So whatever 3am EST is in say whatever they deem the Eurozone will launch at that time, same with Asia.
Reply Quote
Give us info about the starter edition, can we play at might on launch day with it until we get our CE by mail????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????

??

Thank you......
Reply Quote
Bashiok, what happens if I am currently in Morocco and I am returning to Canada in 2 weeks, will I be able to play while in Morocco?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/11/2012 01:06 PMPosted by HotSauce
US is last to launch, yes? So at 3am EST I can go euro server if I want?

You'll be able to when we enable Global Play, which will be some time after The Americas launch. We want to ensure some amount of service stability before we turn it on. We'll post an announcement once it's available.
Reply Quote
Give us info about the starter edition, can we play at might on launch day with it until we get our CE by mail????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

??

Thank you......

I am getting the CE. I will have it midnight CST, 2 hours before launch. It comes with some guest passes, if you would like me to send you a code off one of them just let me know.

UPDATE: Sorry but the guest passes are for WoW only.
Edited by Lavick#1975 on 5/11/2012 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/11/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Jinxso
All regions are launching at the exact same time. So whatever 3am EST is in say whatever they deem the Eurozone will launch at that time, same with Asia.

Each region is launching in their own determined 'midnight' launch time. So for example, the Korea/Taiwan midnight launch is at 8:00 a.m. PDT, and EU is at (I believe) 3:00 p.m. PDT.
Reply Quote

??

Thank you......

I am getting the CE. I will have it midnight CST, 2 hours before launch. It comes with some guest passes, if you would like me to send you a code off one of them just let me know.

MLWHITELEY (at) GMAIL dot COM

i thought the guest passes were for wow only?
Reply Quote

i thought the guest passes were for wow only?

Hmm. Not sure, just remember seeing a guest pass in there on one of the videos. Will look at the video again, just assumed it was for D3.

UPDATE: The guest passes are for WoW only. Sorry :(
Edited by Lavick#1975 on 5/11/2012 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Each region is launching in their own determined 'midnight' launch time. So for example, the Korea/Taiwan midnight launch is at 8:00 a.m. PDT, and EU is at (I believe) 3:00 p.m. PDT.

bashiok... i love you guys and all, but... isn't the whole global play thing a REALLY bad idea...
everyone is just going to jump over to the NA server as soon as it's live so they can try to play with all their awesome beta tester friends again(and for other obvious reasons)... and the NA server is going to crash...

please tell me that they will limit the numbers of people flooding into the NA servers...
Edited by AFK4Life#1396 on 5/11/2012 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@AFK4LIFE

Not really sure you know what you are talking about ?

Everyone is locked to their own region/server until after the final region unlocks.

Asia will be playing on Asia at 8am PDT, Europe will be playing on Europe at 3pm PDT, NA,SA,Australia and NZ will be playing on North America at 12:00am pdt.
Edited by Sabvre#1434 on 5/11/2012 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]