Diablo® III

Should Blizzard limit access to HC forums?

I plan to try HC eventually. I will use these forums as a learning tool before and during the attempt.

However, I believe this forum will ultimately be full of sad obituaries with the expected notes of both sympathy and abject derision.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I honestly don't think this is a good idea. If you create a hardcore character, you're playing HC and you should be able to post on the HC forums from the very beginning of your experience. I mean, would you want them to also restrict the class forums so all that wizard riff raff stays out of the Barbarian forums?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:45 AMPosted by Vynaryln
I honestly don't think this is a good idea. If you create a hardcore character, you're playing HC and you should be able to post on the HC forums from the very beginning of your experience. I mean, would you want them to also restrict the class forums so all that wizard riff raff stays out of the Barbarian forums?

To hell with that pesky Wizard riff raff! Ha.

I think there is some honesty in what you say, Vynaryln, insomuch that once you start segregating players... where does it end?

What if, as perhaps an alternative... much like how our in game character names (and levels) can be set as poster names, something similar was done. Have the toon's name and lvl available, but also the HC tag applied as well? This would allow the community to distinguish the validity of a players claim to being Hard Core. And then, as some of the other posters noted... we could simply disregard the trolls.

It does still leave one rather perplexing issue perhaps, and I think that's: the lack of trust from the HC community, that Blizzard won't nerf HC solely because of negative attitudes, from the SC players. And, unfortunately, I think the only solution for that one will come with time, and time alone. There seems to be more than a few jaded players here, concerned whether this game will turn out like WoW did; too much catered to the casual gamer.

Hopefully, for now, we can just take it on good faith that Blizzard will follow through with the originating concept of a 'Hardcore Mode' and keep it a challenge. (Untill Blizzard gives me reason to do otherwise, I can only assume they understand our motives for wanting to play HC. And if for some reason they don't, and they do decide to nerf it, you can expect me right beside ya, given-em-hell for it.)
Edited by Aboliac#1483 on 5/14/2012 4:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Is it truly necessary to segregate ourselves from the SC players? Way I see it, those who give intelligible posts and show that they are indeed experienced in HC will have their opinions weighed far further than the occasional random troll, which if ignored goes away anyway.

If it's truly a problem that can't be overlooked, a much better solution would be to simply have a way to identify experienced HC players, that way experienced players can be credited with their accomplishments.

By limiting the people who are allowed to post, you end up killing off a lot of the potential HC players. It's also true that some people will be playing through SC all the way through hell (with friends or otherwise), will still have a lot of legitimate advice/tips that could greatly help both communities.
Reply Quote
*Creates hardcore character*
*leaves it AFK*
*goes to work*

... if you really want a special little corner on the forum just force the highest level hardcore characters avatar to appear when you post in this section...
If they don't have one, then their avatar stays as normal and everyone knows they don't play hardcore...

and should it work in reverse? keep all the HC players out of SC?
Edited by Aarku#1673 on 5/14/2012 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow, I love how the game hasn't even officially launched yet and somehow the community is finding ways to segregate itself into "us" and "them" type groups. Good way to start off a new game.
Reply Quote
*Creates hardcore character*
*leaves it AFK*
*goes to work*

... if you really want a special little corner on the forum just force the highest level hardcore characters avatar to appear when you post in this section...
If they don't have one, then their avatar stays as normal and everyone knows they don't play hardcore...

and should it work in reverse? keep all the HC players out of SC?

The difference is that a majority of HC players will also play SC, but not a majority of SC players will spend a significant amount of time in HC. But the idea of the highest lvl HC character achieved is a good idea.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 11:24 PMPosted by PrimalGeek
Wow, I love how the game hasn't even officially launched yet and somehow the community is finding ways to segregate itself into "us" and "them" type groups. Good way to start off a new game.

We are just thinking up ways to allow blizzard to accurately pole the HC community. This doesnt mean they have to lock the forums. The idea that your highest HC character will be displayed when you post is also a great idea.
Reply Quote
Its not gonna be anything different at the end everything will be leaked eventual there will be no use in it any how. Not like there will be some special information or something
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
We don't need an elitist community here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]