Diablo® III

Questions regarding a friends PC

85 Goblin Rogue
I have a buddy of mine that is wanting to hop on diablo 3 with me, but after looking at the minimum req's I'm a bit skeptical and I'm not sure.

I know his video card(GTX275), hard drive space/ram etc is all up to snuff, but his processor is borderline what they call for. He currently is running an AMD x2 4200+ and the minimum they want is a 4400- so I have a question *will* it play even on bare minimum settings until the upgraded processor comes in a few days (assuming it doesn't arrive before d3 launches.) I got with him and we decided to order an Athlon 64 x2 6400+ 3.2 GHz which is a rather large upgrade considering- and it should work fine with his motherboard since it is listed on the compatible CPU's on ASUS's website.

Just curious if you all think what he currently has will tie him over until the next one comes in the mail. Thanks a lot for any feedback, I don't think he's really in it to break any "performance" records, just wanting to game with a buddy and trying to find a way to make the best of what they currently have until the issues are fixed :)

Thanks a lot for any constructive posts!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ayced ,

It should run, but it may put up a warning when installing or running the game. He may have to hit the escape key to bypass any warning messages. Of course, doing so is at his own risk and he needs to understand he shouldn't contact us regarding any performance issues, but it doesn't sound like he would.

Absolutely Omrakos, thank you very much for the quick reply! And yeah I know not to "wonder why" he is having performance issues when clearly operating at under the minimum specs, I was just curious if it was a possibility to at least get him in the game until the new processor arives in the next couple of days :)

Thanks again for the awesome support!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]