Diablo® III

What region am I? it's complicated.

Alright, I'll try to make this clear.

I bought the WoW annual pass on a European account
I now live in the U.S and battle.net knows it
I ordered the Collector's edition from a European store

What region will I be? (I want to have my main region as Europe because of the AH)

Will my Euro Collectors edition update my annual pass account or will it create an entirely new account? Does my original region matter here? (please no, I can't wait until that thing is delivered to play)
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
Your RMAH region is based on your contact information. If you're currently registered as living in the US, you'd be using the US RMAH.
Reply Quote
so can I use the US rmah with characters created in the eur servers then?

Like if I got a physical copy in one region but lived in US, I'd still get ah access in the US?
Reply Quote
If it's not clear - my battletag, my SC and WoW accounts are all in the EU region.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
so can I use the US rmah with characters created in the eur servers then?

Like if I got a physical copy in one region but lived in US, I'd still get ah access in the US?

I'm not sure you can buy something from the US RMAH while playing on another region. It may be possible though...

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-auction-house-regional-information
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-realmoney-auction-house-regional-access
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/12/2012 5:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info, will try and find some indication... I just don't want to miss out of features you know... If only I could pick my home region.
Reply Quote
Hmm looks like I may actually be completely fine... As long as the items on the RMAH can b bought with any of my characters in the EUR servers I dont care what market it is tied to
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
That page does mention the item being locked to the region it was bought in, but makes no mention of whether you're able to buy an item on your region's RMAH while playing on another region.

05/12/2012 05:34 AMPosted by Naevyn
Hmm looks like I may actually be completely fine... As long as the items on the RMAH can b bought with any of my characters in the EUR servers I dont care what market it is tied to

Yep.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/12/2012 5:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah so saw that part, back to square one... actually it's pretty much confirmed that I'm screwed... well that sucks
Reply Quote
On top of everything now maybe my CE won't combine properly and I'll end up having to start all over again or somethings.. BLALALA
Reply Quote
i thought the region was where you internet is. no way its gonna let you be in the asia region when you playin in the america... or am i wrong?
Reply Quote
well with every other blizz game it's wherever you bought it...
Reply Quote
I correct myself

Your region will be the region that is listed in you battle net account.
Reply Quote
If anyone is interested in a confirmation - I am in the euro region!! Which is awesome,,, except the latency but hey, hopefully that will improve with time :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]