Diablo® III

OSX v Bootcamp Performance (Live v Beta)

(Locked)

89 Dwarf Shaman
Ladies and gentlemen of the Mac Tech Dept:

Any early/pre-information as to whether the Live version improves upon the performance issues people had with the Beta? (fps, interface lag, etc)

I ask for a specific reason - I have access to Win7 (32-bit) on this machine and run WoW and the D3 Beta in both OSX and Bootcamp, currently the performance advantage of running WoW on the Windoze side is really negligible and I spend most of my playtime in OSX. The D3 Beta however was really, really nice in Bootcamp yet often unplayable in OSX.

I only have the DL quota to install one version of D3 - any advice here? Beta experience tells me a Windows install yields better performance conditions however I (like most) prefer to stay in OSX :)

Thanks in advance,
Sem

P.S. FWIW I'm on a MacPro 1,1 (2.66GHz), 6GB RAM, Radeon HD 4870 (512MB)
Edited by Semantix#6381 on 5/12/2012 9:06 AM PDT
i feel the exact same way.. but i already downloaded on both OS's .. will install on both since there will be enough time before the game launches.. and then see which one fits better..
but it would be nice to have some kind of feedback about that before
Support Forum Agent
Locking this thread, as we're out of beta now, and want to reserve this for the live issues once the game starts. We don't want to bring up beta issues as this may confuse others. If issues persist, then we can talk about live clients issues.

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]