Diablo® III

[SUGGESTION] - Buying bonus content separate.

Well, I purchased the digital copy of Diablo III Standard Edition a while ago, didn't know I'd have the ability to get the CE until it was too late, and honestly can't buy CE now because it's a huge waste of money when the only thing I want is the bonus in-game content.

* The unique armor dyes
* The angelic wings NV

The suggestion is that maybe bonus content included in limited-edition items could be listed in the battle.net digital store for separate purchase(s)?

I would have bought a CE along with my Standard copy but that's a waste of 100$ when all I want is the bonus digital content, but don't have a disposable income. A customer service representative suggested that I posted this on the forums but I wasn't too sure where, so my apologies if this is in the wrong place.

At this time we are not offering any method of receiving the Daiblo 3 Collector's Items without purchasing and applying a copy of the Collector's Edition to your account. However, I do encourage you to post this suggestion on the forums. This is how policies change and how the game evolves, the more folks who add their voice to a cause the more likely change may happen! :)
Edited by Tyko#1131 on 5/12/2012 9:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
if they did that the CE people will be hella mad haha. no doubt about that.
Reply Quote
There's a reason why it's called the collectors edition.

"I would have bought a CE along with my Standard copy but that's a waste of 100$ when all I want is the bonus digital content"

Exactly.

What do you think the incentive for the Collectors Edition actually is? The USB? The Skull? Material things are basically obsolete. It's the intangible goods of the CE that makes it worthy of being what it is.

This would be like seeing a deal at a 7-11 for 3 bottles of coke at $6. You could either get two bottles for $5, or spend the 'wastage' of $1 to get an extra bottle. There's a reason they (the store) do this. You cannot go up to them and argue - You might as well sell me the two bottles of coke for $4 - it's all incentive.
Reply Quote
There's a reason why it's called the collectors edition.

"I would have bought a CE along with my Standard copy but that's a waste of 100$ when all I want is the bonus digital content"

Exactly.

What do you think the incentive for the Collectors Edition actually is? The USB? The Skull? Material things are basically obsolete. It's the intangible goods of the CE that makes it worthy of being what it is.

This would be like seeing a deal at a 7-11 for 3 bottles of coke at $6. You could either get two bottles for $5, or spend the 'wastage' of $1 to get an extra bottle. There's a reason they (the store) do this. You cannot go up to them and argue - You might as well sell me the two bottles of coke for $4 - it's all incentive.

You're buying the book, the physical copy of the game, the manual that comes with it, the usb/usb holder etc. There's a reason it's called bonus digital content.
Reply Quote
unsure of bumping rules so if anyone would inform me if i can or cant / how often etc that would be neat

until then, bump.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Paladin
I agree- If you could buy CE items (regardless of the digital or physical form of said items) they would no longer be Collector's Items. There would be a lot of angry people if you could buy any part of a "collector's" edition separately...

What good is a "collectable" if everyone can obtain it? It is considered as "bonus" content, but that's because it's digital. But it is still part of the whole collector experience.

You're basically out of luck. Sorry, bro. You can fight this all day long, but the CE has coveted items included for good reason.
Reply Quote
It's all a matter of what you find valuable within the CE. I've been on that side of the fence where I thought "Crap... should've got the CE" but was simply out of luck. Also, I know I'd be a little frustrated if those who didn't get the CE were able to just snag up all the little "extras" out there.

Sorry man, chalk it up as lesson learned for future releases.
Reply Quote
I support this idea. It will also increase Blizzard's moneybag by quite a large amount.
Reply Quote
While part of me would love to get a hold of those wings, I also feel that I should not be able to as I did not purchase the collector's edition. I feel that Blizz should add something similar for purchase sometime in the future. For instance, they could add a different color or different textured wingset; that way, we could all be snowflakes and CE players could still be unique. I'm sure Blizz is going to cash in on these types of things because it has made them mad monies in the past. Mounts and pets constantly sell on WoW. Blizz knows this. It's the same philosophy as hats in TF2.
Reply Quote
Not sure why people with the CE's are crying about this. What a waste of time to worry about something so trivial. If someone wants to pay another $30 for some wings/dye's, let them.

Those that were able to get the CE's right away would have gotten quite a bit more content for their money, than those who just "upgraded".

Another thing. People with the CE are selling their games at upwards of twice the price of what they purchased them for. Blizzard could use this to add more content to the game (expansions) as it's quite a bit of potential revenue.

I think the people who would want to upgrade, out number the ones that don't want it available.

Just saying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]