Diablo® III

Mac OSX 10.6.8 graphic issues?

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello, just came back to my home country for summer break and I am currently stuck with my mac book pro.

My mac book pro is using snow leopard 10.6.8, it has 2 graphic cards:
AMD Radeon HD 6490M
Intel HD Graphics 3000

I read from http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903180328 that snow leopard with 10.6.8 and Intel HD Graphics 3000 needs to update to Lion. But if i am using my AMD graphic card to play, do i still have the issue?
Edited by Smiley#1173 on 5/13/2012 9:35 PM PDT
You should be fine since the computer will automatically switch to the Radeon HD graphics card when the game is in use.

I believe the issue is for those who use the MacBook Pro 13" 2010 model. It only has the Intel HD Graphics 3000 no discrete graphics card to switch to.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the reply [:
Blizzard Employee
Correct. If you do notice graphical issues, you can force your Mac to use the AMD GPU.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) and later, MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2010) and later: How to set graphics performance
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4110

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
So if i download mountain lion for the mac 13 2010 model, it should run the game better?
Blizzard Employee
Please create a new thread ozz, as this is an old thread, and is about a different topic. Thanks!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]